Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 06:54 AM)
I just want to give people the option of reading it or not - it just takes a second to click and drag, so I figure it's not putting people out too badly.

I mostly use the Opera browser on my BlackBerry to lurk and you can't read the spoiler tags that way. It's not an issue for me, just thought I'd fill people in on this random tidbit.

So stop ruining my lurking you jerk! Hahah.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
I mostly use the Opera browser on my BlackBerry to lurk and you can't read the spoiler tags that way. It's not an issue for me, just thought I'd fill people in on this random tidbit.

So stop ruining my lurking you jerk! Hahah.

[spoilaroonie]The ship sinks at the end of Titanic.[end spoileroo]

:P

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
I'm not sure about this, but he might have the longest unbroken tenure with the franchise right now. He's definitely been around plenty long enough to get the title for a few days.

Undertaker is the longest I think currently.. Bob Holly use to be the 2nd longest till he got canned a few years ago

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
Okay, I'm officially bored with the Nexus.

It's very "one-note" now. They need to start having them win actual matches, or at least do something other than 7-on-1 beatdowns.

They are young guys who are making an impact on the show. I'm not done with them but agree they need to start having matches and maybe individual feuds.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 02:10 AM)
Yeah, but doesn't Undertaker take breaks for months at a time (including right now)?

Not really, the majority of Undertakers "breaks" are due to injury.. and either way, its not like he is working other promotions or something.. no one can do this as long as Taker without some sort of rest here or there..

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
They are young guys who are making an impact on the show. I'm not done with them but agree they need to start having matches and maybe individual feuds.

I agree, but they're still too green to work individually. Well, not Barrett but guys like Young & Otunga aren't quite there.

Last night's Raw was really good for a change. My only question is who turns on who in the 7 on 7 match.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
I agree, but they're still too green to work individually. Well, not Barrett but guys like Young & Otunga aren't quite there.

Last night's Raw was really good for a change. My only question is who turns on who in the 7 on 7 match.

I've heard, possibly Cena, but doubt it. Nexus winning clean would be good for business, IMO. But I bet Gabriel taps in the Sharpshooter or something.

I would like Raw a lot more if they ditched the Kozlov/Santino team every week.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
I would like Raw a lot more if they ditched the Kozlov/Santino team every week.

They just need to ditch Kozlov, guy is useless..

Santino needs to stay outta the ring and stick to crackin wise in the back.. thats what hes good for

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
No surprise here at all, but this is bad news for TNA and they need to find a way to turn it around:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/sacrif...-buys-each.html

Which is why they need to bring in Heyman and give him whatever he wants.

The ECW ppv will do better, but what happens the month after when all those guys are gone?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
Which is why they need to bring in Heyman and give him whatever he wants.

The ECW ppv will do better, but what happens the month after when all those guys are gone?

The two things they need to give him are total control and time.

They can't expect him to turn Nu-wCw around in 6 months, and they can't let anyone interfere. Not Hogan, not Triple J, nobody.

I kind of get the feeling that Heyman keeps turning TNA down because he knows he won't get what he needs and he doesn't want to hurt his reputation as a genius wrestling mind by failing there.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
The two things they need to give him are total control and time.

They can't expect him to turn Nu-wCw around in 6 months, and they can't let anyone interfere. Not Hogan, not Triple J, nobody.

I kind of get the feeling that Heyman keeps turning TNA down because he knows he won't get what he needs and he doesn't want to hurt his reputation as a genius wrestling mind by failing there.

Dixie won't let him hire or fire, and she hasn't been open to giving him a portion of the company. That's the main sticking points right now.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
Dixie won't let him hire or fire, and she hasn't been open to giving him a portion of the company. That's the main sticking points right now.

I get the feeling that Paul E. asked for the moon knowing Dixie wouldn't give it to him.

That way he can put the TNA talk to rest without possibly losing face.

Just judging from interviews I've seen and read, he doesn't appear to have the itch to return to the business.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
I get the feeling that Paul E. asked for the moon knowing Dixie wouldn't give it to him.

That way he can put the TNA talk to rest without possibly losing face.

Just judging from interviews I've seen and read, he doesn't appear to have the itch to return to the business.

He does if the money is right for him. He met with Carter at her house and laid out what had to be done like keeping only 1 of the older guys and losing the rest and getting read of some dead weight. Her reaction was apparently one of confusion not understanding. Meltzer had a lot on it in the new Observer. The basic idea now is that the talks are not dead, and that both sides need each other and it may take awhile for it to happen.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
He does if the money is right for him. He met with Carter at her house and laid out what had to be done like keeping only 1 of the older guys and losing the rest and getting read of some dead weight. Her reaction was apparently one of confusion not understanding. Meltzer had a lot on it in the new Observer. The basic idea now is that the talks are not dead, and that both sides need each other and it may take awhile for it to happen.

Dude.

It's TNA.

They'll settle for less, hire Kevin Sullivan, and suffer the consequences.

Last night's ending segment on Impact made the whole ECW angle look completely ridiculous.

So let's see....the ECW guys stalk TNA from the crowd for a few weeks, then they storm the ring and start a huge melee that ends with guys being pepper-sprayed....because they were invited.....by TNA's boss.....so they could kiss each other's asses and Tommy Dreamer could ask VERY NICELY for an ECW-themed Pay Per View.....

:bang

Stupid.

Edited by The Critic

As much as I like Heyman on air, if you bring him in, leave him off TV to do the stuff. These "shoot" angles on TV are lame. Like Hogan telling a guy he gave him a chance and he got over. Get Dixie off TV as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
As much as I like Heyman on air, if you bring him in, leave him off TV to do the stuff. These "shoot" angles on TV are lame. Like Hogan telling a guy he gave him a chance and he got over. Get Dixie off TV as well.

They're only good every once in a while (i.e. Hardy/Edge/Lita) they should only be done sparingly.

I do like how Miz's MITB storyline is developing.

He keeps trying to cash in the case when Sheamus is vulnerable but something happens to prevent it - this week being Orton's RKO before the ref could ring the bell.

This is a good way to prolong the angle and keep the Miz haters happy.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:10 AM)
I do like how Miz's MITB storyline is developing.

He keeps trying to cash in the case when Sheamus is vulnerable but something happens to prevent it - this week being Orton's RKO before the ref could ring the bell.

This is a good way to prolong the angle and keep the Miz haters happy.

I agree, but it shouldn't be done every week. I think the more it happens, the less of a threat he appears to be.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
I agree, but it shouldn't be done every week. I think the more it happens, the less of a threat he appears to be.

I agree with you, but we both know The E don't work that way. Burn it to the ground is their motto.

I believe that Miz's character is supposed to not be seen as a threat, so if he does win a World title it will be a true shock.