Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
If it means we get Punk/Taker, which has got to happen now, then I'm ok with Rock/Cena.

Yeah but dam how many PPV and Raw matches in a row are they going to let Punk lose because Taker will get the W...............Super Cena has not lost 5 in a row or 3 straight PPV's matches EVER.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Yeah but dam how many PPV and Raw matches in a row are they going to let Punk lose because Taker will get the W...............Super Cena has not lost 5 in a row or 3 straight PPV's matches EVER.

How many superstar wrestlers for wwe have lost 3 straight ppvs? I doubt many top card wrestlers have, that is a pretty silly thing to complain about. Hell, I doubt taker or hogan have lost 2 in a row, much less three

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 12:26 AM)

Punk just being in a match with Taker at Mania is huge and tells you how much respect (ironically) the powers that be have for Punk.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
Punk just being in a match with Taker at Mania is huge and tells you how much respect (ironically) the powers that be have for Punk.

This, and I'm not so sure Punk loses. Taker has to be retired somehow and he isn't just going to quietly disappear.

Taker loses at Mania and they do a whole lightning and smoke show where he is carried off or something. Retirement.

They've sold their 20-0 DVDs already.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 03:52 AM)
This, and I'm not so sure Punk loses. Taker has to be retired somehow and he isn't just going to quietly disappear.

Taker loses at Mania and they do a whole lightning and smoke show where he is carried off or something. Retirement.

He'll be at WM 30. I'd be shocked if he lost to Punk.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 03:52 AM)

Taker not losing to Punk

Personally, I would like to see Heyman stable of Punk and Lesner vs. Taker and Triple H at Wrestlemania, with Punk and Lesner remaining a stable after WM. I think Punk's mic skills and persona could bring a different dimension out of Lesner as well.

As of now, the respective angles of Lesner vs Triple H and Punk vs Taker will not carry over after Wrestlemania. Also, putting Taker in a tag match will make things a little more interesting.

The only thing that prevents a Punk Lesner stable is the appearance clause in Brock's contracts.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
How many superstar wrestlers for wwe have lost 3 straight ppvs? I doubt many top card wrestlers have, that is a pretty silly thing to complain about. Hell, I doubt taker or hogan have lost 2 in a row, much less three

According to Pwinsider.com, the Undertaker is expected back on TV shortly, possibly as soon as Monday's Old School Raw.

As of last week, the Undertaker vs. CM Punk was official for WrestleMania 29. At this time, creative is said to be scrambling to fast track the angle, which started with Punk's promo on Monday referring to himself as an "icon" above Superstars and God.

Internally there is concern with building to the match, due to Punk losing two PPVs in a row and then to Cena on Monday. Many feel that the loss to Undertaker at WrestleMania could really damage one of the two names (the other being John Cena) who show they can draw on the road currently.

Looks like WWE thinking about what I did about Punk.

per rajah.com

As noted earlier this week, Monday's WWE RAW drew a strong 3.43 rating and averaged 4.70 million viewers. Here's a breakdown of how each segment performed:

- The opening segment with Vince McMahon's fight with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar's brawl with the returning HHH did a 3.6 quarter hour.

- Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler lost about 285,000 viewers.

- The C.M. Punk promo and trailer for “The Call” gained about 420,000 viewers.

- Mark Henry vs. Great Khali lost about 285,000 viewers.

- The in-ring segment at the top of hour 2 with Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter and Alberto Del Rio gained about 285,000 viewers and did a strong 3.7 QH rating.

- Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro lost about 430,000 viewers.

- R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes stayed even.

- Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Prime Time Players with Bryan blindfolded and Kane having his hand tied behind his back lost another 285,000 viewers.

- The Shield's at the start of the third hour with Randy Orton and Sheamus involved gained about 285,000 viewers and did a 3.4 rating.

- Jack Swagger vs. The Miz lost 450,000 viewers, the biggest drop of the night.

- John Cena's promo gained 140,000 viewers.

- John Cena vs. C.M. Punk gained about 1 million viewers and finished with a 3.9 overrun, considered to be a huge success.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
Anyone else just notice that RVD was making an apple bowl in the locker room? The smoking device, not a healthy snack.

Don't pretend to be surprised

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
Anyone else just notice that RVD was making an apple bowl in the locker room? The smoking device, not a healthy snack.

Since it was on TNA, nobody saw it. ZING!

It's literally disgusting how lazy they have gotten with The Rock's character these days. He's saying the same crap over and over again every show, there just isn't any substance in his character and his motivations any longer. Cena's character is a lot more likable now because he has gone through a year of struggle and dying for a chance for redemption.

In some way, Rock has become the Super Cena we used to be seeing, he gets everything handed to his ass and comes out every week to talk about how much he loves his fans. Every time Punk or Cena says something about Rock's Hollywood career, Rock has no comeback, because they are right about him.

Agree with Thx. Rock being gone so long, coming back and beating top guys makes E look bad to me.

It won't happen, but I'd rather have Del Rio Vs Swagger go on last over Rock Cena again. At least that result is up in the air.

WWE has announced that William Moody, best known as Paul Bearer in WWE as well as Percy Pringle, has passed away at the age of fifty-eight. Bearer made his WWE debut in 1991 as The Undertaker's manager and played a prominant part of Taker and Kane's storylines ever since.

RIP Mr. Moody

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 07:56 AM)
I thought he died years ago when the Undertaker buried him in cement?

Seriously, RIP. With his weight, it was a ticking time bomb though. I'm assuming that is how he died.

Ya I had the same reaction to him dying as I did Rick Majerus, very sad but it was coming unfortunately.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
Ya I had the same reaction to him dying as I did Rick Majerus, very sad but it was coming unfortunately.

Bearer was in poor health...

- Paul Bearer reportedly complained of a blood clot days before his death. TMZ reports that according to Cauliflower Alley Club board member Bob Kelly, Bearer was in poor health on March 2nd at a club reunion event and had a severe breathing problem, coughing and having trouble standing for long periods of time. Bearer complained of suffering a blood clot and said he planned to seek treatment for respiratory issues.

Kelly says that Bearer went to the hospital right after the reunion and was informed that he was being treated for a blood clot!

Per 411