Official Squared Circle Thread

I watched the WWE/WWF up until 2000-2001 but my favorite wrestler during that time was Taker so I tuned it for that match tonight online.

But holy s***, Lesnar is back on the good stuff. I havent seen him really since his UFC days but its ridiculous how big he is again.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HHH then Cena winning to end the show whoopie doo SOS .........VKM must think it is still 2005 still that will get people to tune in Monday for Raw......................very average WM at best. Cena is a 11 time champ now yet Piper, Orndorff, Muraco, DiBiase and countless others never won the title once my gosh in the mid 80's or Attitude Era Cena would of been hard pressed to be a mid carder.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
HHH then Cena winning to end the show whoopie doo SOS .........VKM must think it is still 2005 still that will get people to tune in Monday for Raw......................very average WM at best. cena is a 11 time champ my gosh in the mid 80's or Attitude Era he would of been hard pressed to be a mid carder.

me being curious got the best of me. should've just watched the Undertaker's match and call it a night.

11 time champ already? I thought it was suppose to be some sort of an accomplishment to be the champ. It took some great wrestlers in the era you mentioned to win it just a couple of times. And this guy has gotten it 11 times already?

atleast youtube is there for when i need my wrestling fix.

WWE doesn't want him to blow Flair's 16 time record out of the water either. That's why Cena hasn't hold the title in almost 18 months, due to Punks long reign. I think at the end of his career he will be a 17 or 18 time champion, barely breaking Flair's record.

BTW the Rock Cena match tonight is disappointing, and that is an understatement. I am now officially over Rock because he's no longer able to wrestle a good match, and he's too busy to ever be a full time member of WWE again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
I thought as a show, Mania was fine. Too bad we always remember what happens last.

I thought it was one of the worst in recent memories to be honest. The Punk/Taker match is the only one that really stood out. I had the Bulls game going on my TV and Mania on my computer (shhh) and often times I found myself watching the muted Bulls game due to not really being entertained by any of the matches.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

UPDATED: PWInsider is also reporting the same story as the Wrestling Observer -- that the Rock is not at RAW tonight and WWE is trying to re-write major portions of the show.

They report that The Rock left for Los Angeles this morning, catching WWE completely off guard. There is major heat on him for leaving. This is not part of an angle, as Rock had been worked into WWE's future plans and was scheduled to be part of a major angle tonight to setup a program with Brock Lesnar or the Undertaker (more likely Lesnar) for WrestleMania 30. All those plans have now been thrown out.

ORIGINAL: According to wrestlingobserver.com, there is panic backstage at Raw right now. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. The problem: Rock is not there and has reportedly gone home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers are in the process of redoing the show, evidently believing the angle has been nixed. Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. As of this time, the belief is that Rock is not appearing.

Also, there is a second major angle tonight to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. Word is that it is one of the things that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled before Mania.

I actually watched it last night, and if you read Cena and Rock's lips, it was pretty clear that they both knew Rock was done. I really thought that it was Rock's last match, the whole passing of the torch, etc etc.

The problem with wrestling, is its hard to tell what news is "real" and what is "story".

And overall it was not one of the best ppv's. But that is probably more related to the fact that WWE is still relying on its older talent to carry the main events.

Undertaker is part time these days, HHH is part time, Lesnar is part time, Rock is part time...

How great of matches do they expect?

Even Taker- CM Punk was one of the lighter matches Taker has ever fought. After last years match with HHH he was basically injured the whole year, so they may be trying to limit mileage on these guys.

Wrestlemania was absolutely terrible.

It was worse then a joke.

It was the worst wrestlemania of my lifetime. (I've been watching since WM 14).

I often sit and wonder how they can f*** up so many things and produce such trash. I ask myself, "Is this what people really want?" No, no one over the age of 16 should want this s*** product. It is simply for the kids. 80%+ of the product is for the kids. That's why we still have Undertaker destroying people, Super Cena, The Rock, HHH being mr. badass, and other fluff.

I seriously think WWE has made a mistake in catering to the kids, they have destroyed their history. Any title now is absolutely useless and a joke. There was once a time where the champ was something special. There was once a time where wrestling at wrestlemania was special.

I wish theyd build up undercards with proper title defenses (Intercontinental / tag teams) similar to how they did around 98/99/00/01. That was great.

Back on topic -- HHH vs. Lesnar match was one of the worst I've had the misfortune to witness. Cena vs. Rock allowed me to turn it off 4 minutes into the match and go to bed. Taker vs. Punk was enjoyable to watch, but taker is just so damn old I can't take it serious anymore.

This just coming from an old, huge, wrestling fan. Gave it a shot yesterday, and safe to say I will not be coming back for a long while.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Why couldn't they have done that last night?

I was thinkin about it and I really think they wanted all the talk to be about Rock/Cena... thats why HHH didnt lose, thats why there was no cash in.. thats what would have been talked about, not Cena/Rock 2

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
My dad, brother and I watched wrestling for the first time in years tonight. This fandango guy is awesome. An amazing gimmick.

I was iffy on the gimmick at first, but now I love it.. and honestly I think its going to work, the crowd was all over it tonight.. although, this crowd has been great tonight overall and it could just be a one time thing.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 02:00 AM)
So apparently Rock torn the abdominal and adductor tendons off his pelvis in his match last night and had to have surgery today, according to his Facebook page. Get well Road Block.

Rock did not have surgery with tells me, If it is off the bone as Rock says reeks of BS!

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
Ziggler first heel champ in 2 decades I am not impressed with.

It's been a week. You maybe the most impatient fan ever.

Although his promos come off more scripted than anyone else.