2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
the hell you say

I'm nowhere near as big a fan of that show as most people seem to be. I've said it a thousand times, but the show just doesn't have legs. It's a very good thing that they make the seasons short and that they're only making three seasons. I'm sure the writers and creators know what they're doing and know it doesn't have legs.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
They are making this season just different enough to work. But honestly, they need to wrap it up soon. Next season should be the last one.

This season they are just taking main storylines from 2 previous seasons and putting into this one.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
This season they are just taking main storylines from 2 previous seasons and putting into this one.

Yeah, it's been discussed a few times in here. Like I said, it's still interesting enough to keep it going, but they have to end it soon. Ideally, they'll come up with an original storyline for next season and end it there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
The "Weeds" finale was pretty good. In fact the last 3 episodes were very good while the first 10 were garbage.

Agreed. It also seemed like a fitting finale for the series. Not sure why they felt it needed another season. I don't think I care enough about the characters anymore to see what happens next.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm nowhere near as big a fan of that show as most people seem to be. I've said it a thousand times, but the show just doesn't have legs. It's a very good thing that they make the seasons short and that they're only making three seasons. I'm sure the writers and creators know what they're doing and know it doesn't have legs.

Mr Perfect would never say this. Take down your avatar

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
No matter what they do in the final episode, this season of SOA has been quite a disappointment. The only part I really liked about tonight's episode was the priest sacrificing himself. Other than that, they came up with a very convenient way to get Jimmy O back to America where they can hand him over to the ATF. I like the fact that he's still in the show, but that was just weak.

Well, when you say "they can hand him over to the ATF" that's not exactly accurate. The Sons are going to want Jimmy O dead to come through on the agreement to get all of his gun running business on the West Coast. That's huge. We're headed for Jax vs the Sons here to keep Gemma out of prison.

They needed to kill the Tara storyline there, not extend it. Ugh.

Here's how the season will end.

- Jax will save Tara, they are happy and have baby on the way.

- Gemma will abduct ATF agent and somehow get her to confess to framing Gemma.

- Clay will kill Jimmy O, and we'll be set up for season 4 back in Charming with the Sons rehabbing their image with a newfound influx of cash due to all the new business from Jimmy O.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Well, when you say "they can hand him over to the ATF" that's not exactly accurate. The Sons are going to want Jimmy O dead to come through on the agreement to get all of his gun running business on the West Coast. That's huge. We're headed for Jax vs the Sons here to keep Gemma out of prison.

They needed to kill the Tara storyline there, not extend it. Ugh.

Here's how the season will end.

- Jax will save Tara, they are happy and have baby on the way.

- Gemma will abduct ATF agent and somehow get her to confess to framing Gemma.

- Clay will kill Jimmy O, and we'll be set up for season 4 back in Charming with the Sons rehabbing their image with a newfound influx of cash due to all the new business from Jimmy O.

Puke.

The rest I'm sure will happen and be fine with, although I like Jimmy O's character.

Nice to hear Fringe delivered again last night, I dvred it to watch the Bears game. Outside of the old standards, Fringe and The Event are probably the 2 shows I look forward to the most each week. Also Human Target's season debut was solid and they added a hot new character which only should increase my viewing pleasure.

With regard to HIMYM, I thought that Chase's lady from House (the architecture girl) was going to maybe be something more. But she is married to the Captain so she cant fit the description of Ted's wife (she had to be roommates with Summer from OC), so Im not sure if shes just a temporary character who is going to get Ted to reevaluate his choice to design GNB's headquarters.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
Brian looks like you were right about CT just being a gulag challenge. Shame. I hope the blue team loses next week. It would be great to see CT rip off Johnny's head.

I know it is too much of a liability for them to keep bringing him back as a competitor, but God Damn, he is awesome and the reason everyone would watch. Bring back Adam again as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
I know it is too much of a liability for them to keep bringing him back as a competitor, but God Damn, he is awesome and the reason everyone would watch. Bring back Adam again as well.

At least there's no Wes vs. Kenny crapfest this year.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 03:11 AM)
Goddamn Fringe has been unbelievably awesome this season. It's totally rewarding the people who have watched it this far.

.....the fans have been rewarded but the show is getting that dreaded Friday night Fox slot. UGH!!!!!

American Idol will move to Wednesdays and Thursdays next year as part of a major schedule revamp, Fox announced Friday.

Idol, previously on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, will kick off its tenth season with two-hour season premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 19 and Thursday, Jan. 20. The move allows Fox to leave ratings powerhouse Glee in its same Tuesdays-at-8/7c timeslot through the new year.

In order to make room for Idol on Thursdays, Bones will relocate to 9/8c, while Fringe will move to Fridays at 9/8c starting Jan. 28. The latter continues to struggle in the ratings since its move from Tuesdays to Thursdays last year.

I realize Fringe isn't holding the lead in ratings from Bones and Fringe's ratings are down from last year....but like it's already been said in this thread...DAMN this show is solid.

I can't wait for the Idol train wreck this coming season....though i'm sure it will still do monster ratings :angry: