2010-11 MLB Offseason Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but... former Sox minor leaguer Jeff Bajenaru is now a pitching coach for the Diamondbacks.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Good for him. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever come in contact with. I hope it is the beginning of big things for him and his family.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I'd like to see what prospects the Nationals are looking at here. Willingham has enough talent to have these revamped A's looking pretty good.

Agreed. Oakland has managed to snag two of the guys I wanted the Sox to try and snag (DeJesus and Willingham).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
A's acquired Willingham, per MLB trade rumors for Henry Rodriguez (who's got a hell of an arm) and OF Corey Brown.

I thought you meant the old Henry Rodriguez, the one who hit lots of homers and was sponsored by "O Henry" Bars, haha. Blast to the past.

But the Rodriguez you refer to has one live arm.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
A's acquired Willingham, per MLB trade rumors for Henry Rodriguez (who's got a hell of an arm) and OF Corey Brown.

Holy s***. Great move for both teams. The A's are a Beltre signing away from legitimately competing in that division. Of course, I can't blame them if they refuse to go 5 years. 3 years tops with a club option is the most I'd go.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
15-9 record and 3.23 ERA last year in 200 innings don't count as a breakout season? Then what does?

And yet he doesn't get the pub that he deserved. I think he'll be a 20 game winner and enter the discussion as one of the best LH pitchers in the game, one who possesses THE best curve.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
And yet he doesn't get the pub that he deserved. I think he'll be a 20 game winner and enter the discussion as one of the best LH pitchers in the game, one who possesses THE best curve.

I really like the A's in general. They've got an excellent staff and have really upgraded their lineup with DeJesus, Matsui and Willingham. Rodriguez has an electric arm but they've got a bevy of quality relief pitchers and then you've got our very own DLS waiting in the wings.

Wow Billy Beane is absolutely enamored with OBP. Between DeJesus/Barton/Willingham they should have an overall OBP pushing 400!

OBP is great, but when you're relying on Matsui as your main power source. I'm afraid all that hard work has gone to waste. If they only had a legit slugging threat...

Regardless Im always happy to see Oakland do well, their teams/players are always fun to watch.