Just a reminder and wondering about Palin

Texsox

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
And Jersey Shore drew 6.7 million on a random episode recently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/02/j...-_n_748033.html

Should Snooki run for President too?

Probably since apparently TV ratings are more important than favorability ratings when it comes to running for office.

well all of these ratings are a joke anyway. There are approx 307 million people in this country.

Congrats 1.62% of the US population watched you on TV the other day. (regardless of who it is)

Now, if you throw up a SuperBowl number, like 106.5 million for the Saints/Colts, that's not too shabby. (34.6% of the population)

She is an effective political force on the local and state level, but nationally she is polarizing. You either love her or hate her, there is very little in between. I like what she did this year infusing her zeal into a lot of state races with moderate success. I believe that can even translate into the smaller political game such as mayors and county government if she wanted to, and had the right backing. I am not enthused by any of the 'presumptive' 2012 Rep. nominees. Sorry Tex, Perry isn't one of the 'chosen' ones.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 07:24 AM)

Wow, she's basically right there the same as the others. 15-17% seems like those candidates are all evenly divided. I think she will do for the Tea Party what Ross Perot did for the Reform Party.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Wow, she's basically right there the same as the others. 15-17% seems like those candidates are all evenly divided. I think she will do for the Tea Party what Ross Perot did for the Reform Party.

Ensure a second term for the incumbent and then fade away?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
Ensure a second term for the incumbent and then fade away?

Couldn't you add Ralph Nader's run in 2000 to that list as well? Arguably, Gore won anyway, but those Nader votes definitely tipped it to Bush.

Palin's "Tea Party" led to losses in Delaware and Nevada in the Senate, as well as Colorado. Miller didn't even win in her home state. Hilary Clinton has a better chance of being president in 2012 than Palin does.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
Couldn't you add Ralph Nader's run in 2000 to that list as well? Arguably, Gore won anyway, but those Nader votes definitely tipped it to Bush.

Palin's "Tea Party" led to losses in Delaware and Nevada in the Senate, as well as Colorado. Miller didn't even win in her home state. Hilary Clinton has a better chance of being president in 2012 than Palin does.

It also led to victories elsewhere, so what's your point there? That she didn't win them all? As for now winning ht ehome state, if you think Chicago politics in inbred, go see Alaska. Half that state, including little Murky herself, was put into power directly or with the help of Murky's dad. The fact it was even close is a miracle in itself.

I'm just baffled how seemingly intelligent people can actually defend her and want her to lead our nation. She is a mean spirited person that thrives on negative attacks, polarizes, frowns upon being well read/educated, and seems to lie about things for no particular reason. Sure I'm as liberal as they get but I can at least respect politicians across the aisle that I differ in policy who act civil.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
I'm just baffled how seemingly intelligent people can actually defend her and want her to lead our nation. She is a mean spirited person that thrives on negative attacks, polarizes, frowns upon being well read/educated, and seems to lie about things for no particular reason. Sure I'm as liberal as they get but I can at least respect politicians across the aisle that I differ in policy who act civil.

You made that sound like a bad thing?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
She is an effective political force on the local and state level, but nationally she is polarizing. You either love her or hate her, there is very little in between. I like what she did this year infusing her zeal into a lot of state races with moderate success. I believe that can even translate into the smaller political game such as mayors and county government if she wanted to, and had the right backing. I am not enthused by any of the 'presumptive' 2012 Rep. nominees. Sorry Tex, Perry isn't one of the 'chosen' ones.

Moderate success? lol wut. The 4 candidates she gave the most support (O'Donnell, Angel, Fiorina, and Miller) all took what should have been a lock and lost. Hell Miller was in her own state!

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
Moderate success? lol wut. The 4 candidates she gave the most support (O'Donnell, Angel, Fiorina, and Miller) all took what should have been a lock and lost. Hell Miller was in her own state!

A Republican still won AK, so that's not the same as some of the other candidates.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)

Every one of them won their Republican Primary though.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)

She never endorsed Angle. And I am not so sure she endored Fiorina either. She was however a big backer of Buck, Rubio and Johnson.

How did BO do?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)

Well in defense of soxtalk, I don't think anyone on here defends Sarah.

As far as my pick goes I think it the Republican nominee will be a white male. Odds of that are good. :lolhitting

If I have to pick now I think the nomination goes to Haley Barbour, John Thune, or Rick Perry.

Picking the VP is impossible considering how random that choice seems to be most of the time. Who knows.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Well in defense of soxtalk, I don't think anyone on here defends Sarah.

As far as my pick goes I think it the Republican nominee will be a white male. Odds of that are good. :lolhitting

If I have to pick now I think the nomination goes to Haley Barbour, John Thune, or Rick Perry.

Picking the VP is impossible considering how random that choice seems to be most of the time. Who knows.

I keep saying Mitch Daniels, and I see no reason to stop saying that now.