Just a reminder and wondering about Palin

Texsox

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
I'm just amazed how much more time is spent on what Palin is saying than what someone like Biden is saying.

Really? You're amazed?

Again, she has her own reality show, has been sitting in the stands of the highest rated show on TV, has written two books, is a Fox News analyst, is extremely active in social media, is considered a front runner to run for President, etc. You're amazed at the amount of attention she gets? She isn't exactly trying to stay out of the spotlight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Really? You're amazed?

Again, she has her own reality show, has been sitting in the stands of the highest rated show on TV, has written two books, is a Fox News analyst, is extremely active in social media, is considered a front runner to run for President, etc. You're amazed at the amount of attention she gets? She isn't exactly trying to stay out of the spotlight.

And one is the Vice President of the United States of America. How is that comparable again?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
And one is the Vice President of the United States of America. How is that comparable again?

Are you suggesting the VP should be the second most covered person in America?

One is actively looking for attention, has a large staff getting her name in front of the media, is the face of the Tea Party movement, and the front runner for the next nomination.

One is trying not to over shadow the President and is in a position that the media has never really paid any attention to unless there is a scandal. List the important items on the VP's job description, and you will now why the VP just isn't news worthy unless they shoot a lawyer or have serious health problems.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
It was your comparison, my friend

Meaning how is anything about what Sarah Palin does anywhere near comparable to what Joe Biden does? The obsession over her is tabloid ridiculous. I can't believe how people lap at her boots to follow what she is doing.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Are you suggesting the VP should be the second most covered person in America?

One is actively looking for attention, has a large staff getting her name in front of the media, is the face of the Tea Party movement, and the front runner for the next nomination.

One is trying not to over shadow the President and is in a position that the media has never really paid any attention to unless there is a scandal. List the important items on the VP's job description, and you will now why the VP just isn't news worthy unless they shoot a lawyer or have serious health problems.

So the person who is sitting next to the President is worth less than some random reality show host who has no realistic shot at being President? That is just stupid.

a) she's not a random reality show host

b) you should ask America this. Americans as a whole can be persuaded to follow/believe stupid things relatively easily. See the Chicago Cubs

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
So the person who is sitting next to the President is worth less than some random reality show host who has no realistic shot at being President? That is just stupid.

They would have said the same thing about the last couple Presidents. She is one of the most high profile GOPers. If the media didn't pay attention to her, the conservatives would be screaming media bias for not paying attention to the GOP front runners. She has been polling double digits, about the same as everyone else.

And do you really want to know what the VP is doing? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
They would have said the same thing about the last couple Presidents. She is one of the most high profile GOPers. If the media didn't pay attention to her, the conservatives would be screaming media bias for not paying attention to the GOP front runners. She has been polling double digits, about the same as everyone else.

And do you really want to know what the VP is doing? :lolhitting

Great, so why did everyone care so much about Dan Quayle?

The ratings on her TV shows certainly aren't coming from liberals... her daughter's fans on Dancing With the Stars weren't a bunch of liberals keeping her on the show in favor of better dancers, it's not a bunch of Obama voters running out buying her books. So she gets a disproportionate amount of attention on the Huffington Post and Salon, but that's not what's keeping her in the news. Really it isn't.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
Just like Palin - and ironically, Dems talk WAAAAAAAAAY more about the both of them then Republicans ever did or do.

I think that all of those Tea Party rallys where Palin was the guest speaker says otherwise. Seems like she is a big draw. She has her own Reality TV show. I think she has broad support and interest from both sides. A real uniter!

And maybe she is the next Hillary. It seemed the GOP liked her WAAAAAAAAAY more than Dems.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
I think that all of those Tea Party rallys where Palin was the guest speaker says otherwise. Seems like she is a big draw. She has her own Reality TV show. I think she has broad support and interest from both sides. A real uniter!

And maybe she is the next Hillary. It seemed the GOP liked her WAAAAAAAAAY more than Dems.

You mean our Secretary of State, and second place finisher in the presidential primaries? Yeah, the Dems don't like her at all.

My take is that Palin is to partisan Democrats as Obama is to partisan Republicans. Both are relatively hated in the eyes of their political opponents and both are publicly bashed ceaselessly by their partisan opponents. I will continue to follow what Obama does because he is President and running in '12, and will continue to follow Palin because she is the top prospect to win the nomination. Until she takes herself out of the running, any and all public attention will increase, which may be the plan all along. Milk the attention for another several months, then take yourself out of the running. Book sales, TV shows and a lucrative news commentary career can be well worth being your opponents's number 1 enemy for the next year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
You mean our Secretary of State, and second place finisher in the presidential primaries? Yeah, the Dems don't like her at all.

I was thinking about the few years leading up to the primaries when Rush and the rest anointed her the Dem front runner. The GOP radio network may not have picked their candidate yet, but the public sure seems to like their Palin. I know I'll probably vote for her in the primary.

"This is one Republican who would prefer that the former half-term governor promote her reality shows and hawk her books without demeaning the reputations of Presidents Reagan and Bush. These great men dedicated their lives to public service and are too good to be fodder for her gaudy circus sideshow. If Republicans want to embrace Palin as a cultural icon whose anti-intellectualism fulfills a base political need, then have at it. I suppose it’s cheaper than therapy. But if the party of Ronald Reagan, Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio wants to return to the White House anytime soon, it’s time that Republican leaders started standing up and speaking the truth to Palin," - Joe Scarborough.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
"This is one Republican who would prefer that the former half-term governor promote her reality shows and hawk her books without demeaning the reputations of Presidents Reagan and Bush. These great men dedicated their lives to public service and are too good to be fodder for her gaudy circus sideshow. If Republicans want to embrace Palin as a cultural icon whose anti-intellectualism fulfills a base political need, then have at it. I suppose it's cheaper than therapy. But if the party of Ronald Reagan, Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio wants to return to the White House anytime soon, it's time that Republican leaders started standing up and speaking the truth to Palin," - Joe Scarborough.

This might be the first post in forever that I've agreed with Sqwert on. This is pretty much spot on.