Wright Tonight

Flingz

I'm hoping for him to step up tonight.  I think if he can go 5+ innings and gives up under 4 runs our offense should take care of him. 

maybe espn thinks he is going to have a big game cuz they have his name in all caps when no one else's is! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard

4 runs in 5 ip would work for me. Here is my prediction for DW and the sox tonight. DW 5 2/3 2 er..........................sox win 5-4. :headbang

Remember guys. Dan has a history of good pitching performances against the Mariners. I remember a gm in 2001 when he pitched 7 2/3 innnings and gave up 1 run and had 7 or 8 so's....Foulke blew that gm in the 9th. And 2 other ones come to my mind against the M's. I'm gonna be positive and hope that Wright has figured everything out and starts pitchin like the guy that won 14 gms last year. I say if he hold them to 4 in 6 or 7 innings will be alright...

I am hoping that Dan Wright is one motivated ballplayer tonight. Remember he was sent down to the minors because of his inconsistency and this after a 14 win season in 2002. He has to know there are no more excuses. He must show FIRE!.

I will be watching tonight on WGN.

Question...does Wright have a history of performing well when his back is to the wall? I know Garland normally does better when there's talk of him losing his spot in the rotation (hasn't happened lately, but it's happened in the past) -- does Wright have the same reaction to adversity?

The M's have beaten him already this year at Safeco, but I hope he brings it. The next slot for #5 is an off day (Thursday), so he'll have plenty of rest until being called again in mid August.

With a rested pen, Jerry will want 5 or at most 6 innings too. If he can throw strikes, he'll be okay. The M's are susceptible to a post-trade deadline funk like they went into last year.