Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
It's weeks like this where I regret buying the top floor of a 3-flat. The A/C can't keep up with the heat and by the time I get home from work it's around 79-81 degrees in our unit. Ugh. I think I'll pick up a dehumidifier this week to help out.

We keep our house at 78 or 79 in the summer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
We keep our house at 78 or 79 in the summer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
79-80 here, mainly I only flip the AC on when I need to remove the humidity.

Good ol BS, burning up that CO2.

It's 79-81 by the time I get home. By the end of the night it's around 84.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Ours didn't change with the two kids.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Didn't humans evolve pre-air conditioning in Subsaharan Africa?

So when there are record high temperatures for about a week straight I should avoid trying to adhere to official warnings and attempt to replicate as many SubSarahan conditions as possible? Sounds like a great idea! I hear the infant death rates there are only mildly horrific. 82 degrees in my house? Sheesh.....what a total douche I'm being. I should be able to withstand triple digits easily.

:bang

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
So when there are record high temperatures for about a week straight I should avoid trying to adhere to official warnings and attempt to replicate as many SubSarahan conditions as possible? Sounds like a great idea! I hear the infant death rates there are only mildly horrific. 82 degrees in my house? Sheesh.....what a total douche I'm being. I should be able to withstand triple digits easily.

Can I pull this one out when you tell me about how eating meat causes higher CO2 emissions than being a vegan?

(Your response, filibustered of course, should be...that's why we need a cap and trade system, so that we can make an honest accounting for those decisions!)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Can I pull this one out when you tell me about how eating meat causes higher CO2 emissions than being a vegan?

(Your response, filibustered of course, should be...that's why we need a cap and trade system, so that we can make an honest accounting for those decisions!)

Are you trying to be difficult just for the fun of it? (i.e., trolling)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Didn't humans evolve pre-air conditioning in Subsaharan Africa?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)

1 point - Sqwert

Wife: Honey, it's supposed to be 98 tomorrow with heat indexes well over 100.

Me: I know. But to tell you the truth, we should probably just open our windows. A couple of guys on www.soxtalk.com thought that since a decent amount of children survive in subsaharan conditions that we should not worry about ourselves or our 6 week old child. I have to admit they make a great point even though we're on the top floor of a building that gets virtually no cross wind ventilation and is completely exposed to direct sunlight with no trees for shading.

Wife: ....

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Wife: Honey, it's supposed to be 98 tomorrow with heat indexes well over 100.

Me: I know. But to tell you the truth, we should probably just open our windows. A couple of guys on www.soxtalk.com thought that since a decent amount of children survive in subsaharan conditions that we should not worry about ourselves or our 6 week old child. I have to admit they make a great point even though we're on the top floor of a building that gets virtually no cross wind ventilation and is completely exposed to direct sunlight with no trees for shading.

Wife: ....

To be fair, the African thing was all Balta.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I only pulled that one because he always makes me feel guilty about the carbon emissions associated with eating meat.

Sorry. I don't mean to intentionally do that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Sorry. I don't mean to intentionally do that.

No apology needed.

Both of our answers should be "let's put a price on carbon and then everyone can judge what to spend their money on."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
I only pulled that one because he always makes me feel guilty about the carbon emissions associated with eating meat.

I'm only about 6 months into doing the vegetarian thing, and I can tell you first-hand I have been responsible for a whole lot of carbon emission associated with eating beans and cheese.

;)

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm only about 6 months into doing the vegetarian thing, and I can tell you first-hand I have been responsible for a whole lot of carbon emission associated with eating beans and cheese.

;)

You fart carbon?