Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

I'm saying, there's no physical proof - only opinion. That's why you can't get a factual result over anything any religion says.

Sure, you can choose to believe if you like, but no living being truly knows for sure 100%. Only the dead know for sure - and they aren't talking.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
Whaaat?

This whole thing erupted around Michelle Bachmans church, and I do tend to agree with it historically. The Catholic Church has placed itself in place of Christ in many times in its history, and I really believe the the idea that most churches hierarchy is counter to the Christ Church that he was setting up. There was pretty much God, and then everyone else. No one else was better or more important. Especially in the Catholic Church where they literally pass judgment on one's soul at times (ie excommunication) they are putting themselves in Gods place. No one is to judge, but God. Any judgment is between you and God, there is no third party agent involved on God's behalf.

From wiki- Etymology

"Antichrist" is the English translation of the original Koine Greek ἀντίχριστος, pronounced än-tē'-khrē-stos. It is made up of two root words, αντί + Χριστός (anti + Christos). "Αντί" can mean not only “against” and “opposite of”, but also “in place of",[2] "Χριστός", translated "Christ", is Greek for the Hebrew "Messiah" meaning "anointed," and refers to Jesus of Nazareth[3] within Christian theology.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
I can't stand this. It makes me piss blood. I'm going to have the honor of being Jenn's date to her sister's wedding in November, where I'll meet Rosie for the first (and hopefully last) time. I've never been this excited about using my mouth to s*** all over a conservative, Christian person. I just want to know...how are being intolerant, abandoning one's offspring and harboring an intense hatred for the world God created the actions of a true Christian? How does she not realize this? What the f*** kind of person is she?

I also despise Rosie because she is a complete embarassment to my conservative Christian beliefs. Literally. I am so convinced in my far right wing beliefs, and then I see someone like Rosie, I'm just incredulous about the fact that she even partially agrees with me. s***, I'd rather get caught agreeing with BigSqwert (:lolhitting). It's just embarassing having her on my general side. Ugh.

/rant

And when the f*** did Chris Getz decide he can play baseball?

Drop a little Mathew 7 on her

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)
I'm saying, there's no physical proof - only opinion. That's why you can't get a factual result over anything any religion says.

Sure, you can choose to believe if you like, but no living being truly knows for sure 100%. Only the dead know for sure - and they aren't talking.

That's what I said. It's faith. By it's very nature, it's not proof. But it's my choice. And as long as I'm not forcing anyone else to take this faith for themselves, I don't think it hurts anyone (not that you're suggesting it is, by the way).

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
No, you're absolutely right. That's exactly what I was getting at. I have my personal reasons for loving Israel, and while I won't discuss them here because I don't want to turn this into an Israel vs Palestine thread, they definitely go far beyond "well I'm a conservative!" But honestly, with the obvious intolerance Rosie practices, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she actually thought Israel was a Christian nation. I just can't see her having such ardent support for a country of "Satan worshippers". The lady disowned her Catholic daughter for daring to travel abroad, for crying out loud.

Probably comes from wanting Israel around to support end-times prophecies.

my ipod touch fell in the toilet today :( (assuming its dead)and i ordered another one. when u download apps, u always have to add ur password with ur email. ive downloaded apps that require internet connection then deleted them. then when id download them again, wheerever i left off in that game or whatever profile i had was still saved. so basically my question is, does anyone know if since its a new device , will all my apps be reset or will they still have my profiles because the email,password? hope someone has experience with this

So this is based off BS' post in the job hunt about the apartment...

I don't understand homes that have TVs that are high on the wall. I don't want to look up to watch television, I hate doing it when I'm at a bar, but at least there it makes sense why they are high up. When I sit on my couch, I want to look straight ahead and watch TV. Not have to get into some awkward position like I'm watching fireworks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
And do not turn it on if it is at all wet!

to late lol i dont care about the ipod annyways, bought a new one, im just hoping when i redownload the games it still has my profiles. oh well,i guess ill find out!

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 05:42 AM)
to late lol i dont care about the ipod annyways, bought a new one, im just hoping when i redownload the games it still has my profiles. oh well,i guess ill find out!

Have you synced/backed up your iPod to your computer recently? If you've backed it up, you might have backed those profiles up also.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
For sure. Paul Giamatti was good; I don't think I've heard anyone give an impression of him before but he has a distinct delivery that lends itself to impressions.

Clooney was well done too.