Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Oh God No, please God not another impressionist...I don't want to see more of another Impressionist appearing on Fox during Football...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

This one is classier He's doing Shakespeare! :D

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Put your ipod touch in a box filled with silicon dioxide or rice.

The iPhone or the iPod touch doesn't work w/ the rice. I also had a friend who dropped his iPhone in the toilet, no dice.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
The iPhone or the iPod touch doesn't work w/ the rice. I also had a friend who dropped his iPhone in the toilet, no dice.

It's not a 100% sure solution for any phone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

We got a cheap flip-phone for one of my kids and she lost it in our backyard in the middle of winter. We found it when the snow finally melted.

Took it in, dried it out and it's worked fine ever since.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
For the science nerds:

Large Hadron Collider Sees Tantalizing Hint of Higgs Particle

OK, I looked it up on Wikipedia. The article is way too long to read, as I will likely become incredibly interested and open about 30 tabs.

Can someone give me a really quick overview of what that is and what it could mean?

The Standard Model of particle physics predicts that you need the Higgs Boson, but so far they haven't been able to find it because the particle accelerators didn't operate at the right energy levels. CERN now does, so they may actually be able to find evidence of the Higgs and further confirm the Standard Model. IIRC it's the one big hole in it at this point. The Higgs is also what gives things mass.

As for what it could mean, I'm sure it'd be a huge deal in the world of particle physics. Beyond that, I dunno.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
Today is already the wettest calendar day in Chicago history (6.91"). My basement agrees.

Thank goodness the section of Lombard I live in is quite elevated and has never had flooding issues. My poor buddy lives in another part of Lombard and has been quite unlucky.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
I strongly recommend Naples, Florida if you're looking for somewhere on the Gulf Coast to vacation. Not as crowded as Clearwater and IMO, the beach was better. Had a great time.

Was there for a long weekend in early May, had a great time.

The best part is that people watched for a half hour before anyone reported it...

http://www.fox28.com/story/15141934/social...-reducing-hours

Prosecutors in eastern Indiana have filed public indecency charges against a man and a woman after they were caught having sex in a busy public pool.

Connersville police say officers were called to the Roberts Park Family Aquatic Center, where witnesses said the 39-year-old man and 40-year-old woman had been having sex for about a half hour before complaining to the pool manager.

The manager told officers that when she told them to stop and they moved away from each other she could see the man's penis.

Deputy Police Chief Dennis Perkins tells the Connersville News-Examiner that the couple was initially given trespass warnings on Sunday and not arrested because officers didn't see what happened.

Both face up to a year in jail if convicted of the misdemeanor charges.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)
Have you synced/backed up your iPod to your computer recently? If you've backed it up, you might have backed those profiles up also.

yea i did that, it worked(they were saved) i got another one through ebay, got it today. it didnt work though. i turned it on and the wifi didnt work. then i saw it had been water damaged too, now it wont even turn on. stupid ebay sellers :angry: i didnt want to buy a brand new one though. sending it back tomarrow,thank god for paypal protection. this is why id never use craiglist. have to wait again for a new ipod *sigh* :(

Any advice that I can use to make the most of my forthcoming Miller Park experience? I'm heading up there 9/10 for a Phillies game and would like to get the most out of the town. I've seen the city before, but that was pre-2000 (Summerfest and their esteemed Zoo). I'm told the cheese and bratwursts are not to be missed, and also that the women are ugly.