2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGO is really an excellent film.

With so much money invested into it, they have done a horrible marketing/advertising job with that campaign.

Whoever was in charge of it will undoubtedly lose their job over it, because the movie's almost brilliant and film-making at its best, along with MI/Ghost Protocol.

One review I read explained it so well, it's a kids movie actually made for adults.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/furtively-f...ase-file,61684/

Great article/review/criticism analyzing SUCKER PUNCH

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 26, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I really liked The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but man did it feel long. It was almost like two movies sewn together.

Can I introduce you to a little art noir film called "Human Centipede", then?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Margin Call was pretty decent. Thankfully it didn't have the ridiculous preachy parts of a movie like the second Wall Street.

Been wanting to watch it for awhile but never had time.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
I liked it, but Fincher should have bit the bullet and decided to change a few things.

The movie being booked-ended with the Wennerström plot just didn't translate onto the screen. Enough time wasn't spent on it, and spend the last 20 minutes of the film on it when it hadn't really been discussed for 2 hours was dumb. You get so committed to the Vanger case.

I thought the climax with Lisbeth and Martin was great, and the movie should have ended shortly after. I know Fincher was trying to stay as close to the book and original content as possible, but sometimes the transfer just doesn't happen.

It kind of sucked that the killer was Stellan Skarsgård, as I figured it was him the first time they showed him. I wanted a surprise.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)

It kind of sucked that the killer was Stellan Skarsgård, as I figured it was him the first time they showed him. I wanted a surprise.

So you are the 1% who didn't already know the story?

Read the books, at least 'Played with Fire' and 'Kicked the Hornet's Nest'.

They good.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
Haven't read any of them, and probably won't.

They were also (subtitled) movies that were damn good. Those books are pretty far down my list of things to read so I may never get to them, but almost everyone knows the story by now one way or another.