Jake Peavy Thread

justBLAZE

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I also am in agreement with this. :cheers Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

thanks for the kind words everyone. I just try to explain everything as best I can and get correct information out there.

the whole Peavy situation is based purely on experience and my own opinion. As stated before medicine is still more of an art than science in many situations and thus it's mostly educated guesses.

:cheers

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buried in the article . . .

"At this point, we still have such a long way to go. I'm not trying to be a hero," Peavy said. "If I can break camp with the team, that would be something to get excited about. But that's not the goal.

I'm wondering what the goal is and why that goal wouldn't coincide with breaking with the team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Yeah, to not get hurt and to make sure he stays healthy. It would be better if Peavy came back late in April at 100% and healthy for the year than to break camp with the team and make 7 starts before he has to go on the 60-day.

If what Pt has said is accurate, coming back early is not a question of risking repeating the injury, it's just a question of arm strength.

thanks for the kind words everyone. I just try to explain everything as best I can and get correct information out there.

the whole Peavy situation is based purely on experience and my own opinion. As stated before medicine is still more of an art than science in many situations and thus it's mostly educated guesses.

:cheers

KUDOS to PTATC.

:cheers :cheers

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
If what Pt has said is accurate, coming back early is not a question of risking repeating the injury, it's just a question of arm strength.

The only risk of re-injury sounds like if Peavy gets into that drop down arm slot too often.

I've said it before... normally if the White Sox acquired an overpaid, oft-injured guy who couldn't stay on the field his first 1.5 seasons as we barely miss the playoffs, well, I'd grow to dislike him a tad.

I f*cking love Jake Peavy. I love his honesty, I love his will to compete, and I hope he can stay healthy and show again that he is definitely a world-class pitcher.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
I've said it before... normally if the White Sox acquired an overpaid, oft-injured guy who couldn't stay on the field his first 1.5 seasons as we barely miss the playoffs, well, I'd grow to dislike him a tad.

I f*cking love Jake Peavy. I love his honesty, I love his will to compete, and I hope he can stay healthy and show again that he is definitely a world-class pitcher.

I know it is Spring Training and all, but he sounds like he is undergoing the same change that Buehrle had to make, where instead of not taking care of himself, he realized that he had to do a little bit more work to still compete at a high level. If he really has made a fundemental change like that, it could be huge for him going forward.

That was a GREAT article, witesoxfan, and thank you for posting it!

It is now without a doubt: Jake Peavy is 100% badass motherf*****. I never thought anybody could match Buehrle on the likeability scale, but Peavy now stands beside him.

Buying his jersey for this season turned out to be a good choice. I will wear it with pride.