2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
Adam Moore's on their 40 man roster.

But yeah, Royce Ring is bad...

LOL, I'm heading to a wedding this weekend where I guess Royce is good friends with the bride & groom. Guess he will have a prior commitment with the M's but I was hoping to ask him why his promising White Sox career was derailed. (after a few drinks of course)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
LOL, I'm heading to a wedding this weekend where I guess Royce is good friends with the bride & groom. Guess he will have a prior commitment with the M's but I was hoping to ask him why his promising White Sox career was derailed. (after a few drinks of course)

He was traded for Roberto Alomar...so that's probably why.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Feliz should start. Rangers are going to suck this year, I think.

I see some serious regression from that starting staff. But their offense should be as potent as any in baseball if reasonably healthy, and their bullpen could be even better than last year's. Plus that division doesn't figure to be all that strong (though the A's are a major sleeper). A ton would have to go wrong for them to suck.

If I were the Rangers I am not sure I would expect much out of Webb, he got scratched from pitching batting practice the other day and I am pretty sure he has yet to throw in an actual game this spring. It is coming up on 2 years since he actually threw in a game, so who knows IF he is able to come back how effective he can even be.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
An ESPN headline:

Two super-competitive grinders, Kevin Youkilis and Dustin Pedroia, fire up Boston.

I hate ESPN.

There is nothing grindy about either Youkilis or Pedroia at all. So what if Youkilis chews tobacco or Pedroia is short? They are far too good to be considered grinders.

What a completely inaccurate and illogical statement.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
There is nothing grindy about either Youkilis or Pedroia at all. So what if Youkilis chews tobacco or Pedroia is short? They are far too good to be considered grinders.

What a completely inaccurate and illogical statement.

That's what I was thinking. The term grinder is for those with minimal talent yet their impact exceeds that talent. Youk and Pedroia are studs.

Brad Lidge is trying to scare Philly phans more than anything other than Brad Lidge coming into a game will do.

The injury-filled spring for the Philadelphia Phillies got even worse Friday when closer Brad Lidge acknowledged that he won't be ready for Opening Day due to soreness in the back of his shoulder.

Lidge

Lidge

"We're optimistic and hoping that it will be only a couple of weeks, and not much past that," Lidge said Friday. "It looks like we'll rest it for a week, then play catch for a week, then do a couple of bullpens and see how it feels."

Lidge pitched Thursday against the Minnesota Twins, but felt pain deep in the back of his shoulder after the game. He will see a doctor in Clearwater on Saturday, then have an MRI on Monday or Tuesday in Philadelphia after the club returns home from spring training Monday.

"I've never had shoulder issues before. This is frustrating because I felt so good when I came into camp," said Lidge, who had a mild case of biceps tendinitis this spring, but said Friday that that issue "is feeling better."

Link

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
This is why I'm not buying the Philly hype. Too many questions with that lineup and bullpen. I really like the Braves and Marlins.

I'm not sure I like the Marlins yet...but I gotta agree with you on that Braves team. Deep rotation, much more balanced lineup with Uggla in there, young powerful back of their bullpen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
I'm not sure I like the Marlins yet...but I gotta agree with you on that Braves team. Deep rotation, much more balanced lineup with Uggla in there, young powerful back of their bullpen.

Other than CF, I don't see any legitimate weakness on that team. They've done an amazing job in just a few years of building back to their previous dominance. I'm obviously talking about the Braves.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Other than CF, I don't see any legitimate weakness on that team. They've done an amazing job in just a few years of building back to their previous dominance. I'm obviously talking about the Braves.

McLouth should be due for a bounce-back year.

A lot of good young talent on the Marlins and Braves though. That corner OF duo of Morrison and Stanton should be awesome in Florida.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
If McLouth bounces back then they're gonna be sick.

I still think the Phils are better, just because that pitching staff gives them a good chance to win everyday. That offense doesn't need to be anything more than average with the starters they have.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Regardless, unless there is a total meltdown or some other team breaks out big time, I think it's safe to say that both teams should be in the playoffs.

Baseball is the one sport that I feel comments like this are never safe.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Baseball is the one sport that I feel comments like this are never safe.

I agree to some extent, because there is a lot that can go wrong with either team. At the very least, both teams should be fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season.