2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konerko is still hurting, Pierzinski is still out, the batters can't cover outside, over, and inside the plate. The opposing pithchers can keep them off the plate and then we are susceptible to the outside pitch. Beckham was hit last year and still can't cover the outside pitch, because they might throw in again and hit him. The opponents have no worry about the same happening to them, but yeah we get a guy on first when they don't care about it.

QUOTE (since56 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 12:41 AM)
Flowers and Lillibridge both in the starting lineup. Both came over from the Braves in the Javier Vazquez trade right. Maybe that trade was ok after all.

Lilli looks like he'd be a better DH than Dunn. He swings for the fences and judging by his home runs compared to at bats, he's a legitimate DH candidate.

QUOTE (since56 @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Another batter hit and again no retaliation. Pitch inside all you want to the White Sox. Your guys are safe. The Sox never retaliate.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
You know we get a free baserunner for those, right?

Bad ptichers hit batters and there are batters who like to be close to the plate.

I doubt any pitcher intentionally hits anyone on the Sox. It's not like this team has creamed any pitcher.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
Wait, does that mean that Lillibrige is incredibly Christian and "is on God's team" or is he just calling JR "God".

I'm thinking he's incredibly Christian. He's made numerous posts using the word "God". Either that or he's mocking the athlete's that always refer to God.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/05/40-m...ter-counts.html

A look at how many players each team currently has on its 40-man roster:

AL East

Orioles: 40

Red Sox: 40

Yankees: 40

Rays: 40

Blue Jays: 38

AL Central

White Sox: 36

Indians: 38

Tigers: 39

Royals: 40

Twins: 40

AL West

Angels: 40

Athletics: 40

Mariners: 40

Rangers: 39

NL East

Braves: 39

Marlins: 40

Mets: 39

Phillies: 40

Nationals: 38

NL Central

Cubs: 37

Reds 40

Astros: 40

Brewers: 40

Pirates: 40

Cardinals: 40

NL West

Diamondbacks: 40

Rockies: 40

Dodgers: 40

Padres: 40

Giants: 40

Link to video of Cowardly being struck out by a girl.

I would like to say all of these with a straight face, but I can’t. I can only say a girl struck me out. Five pitches, one foul tip, one big piece of humble pie.

I will say that I'm glad Cowley accepted this challenge, though I think his tweets in the last few days were pretty denigrating and defeated the purpose.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)

I will say that I'm glad Cowley accepted this challenge, though I think his tweets in the last few days were pretty denigrating and defeated the purpose.

Honestly, I think this was all a publicity stunt, he knew what was going to happen, and he was just trying to drum up attention by all of his sexist posts.

And I will say +1 for using the nickname.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)

I don't know if Cowardly works here, as he actually stepped up to the plate attempting to back up his words. I will give him credit, he likes to talk s***, but he didn't just run & hide in this case.