2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)
12 left. It's almost over, folks.

What a crap season.

It hasn't been fun. Hopefully next season will have some drama.

I really thought we'd score runs this year. After we signed Dunn, everybody was pointing out we'd have potentially a run-scoring machine with a lineup with Konerko/Dunn/Quentin/Rios/Becks/Lexi/AJP. It's the kind of lineup that sounds dreamy in the offseason, but not so much when live pitching is thrown at those guys.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm a little worried about every series the rest of the way.

Division is still wide open. Detroit plays Cleveland now. They also have 2 more series with them after that.

If we don't start playing better at home. GG tho.

Also hearing if Dunn gets hot he could carry us the rest of the way is getting on my nerves. He hasn't been hot all season and it's almost OVA.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
Division is still wide open. Detroit plays Cleveland now. They also have 2 more series with them after that.

If we don't start playing better at home. GG tho.

Also hearing if Dunn gets hot he could carry us the rest of the way is getting on my nerves. He hasn't been hot all season and it's almost OVA.

Well then you clearly don't understand the word "if".

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Dunn had two hits in Thursdays game. What I want to see is some RBI's

RBI's depend on the situations that are presented to the batter. The job of the batter is not to record an out.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Dunn had two hits in Thursdays game. What I want to see is some RBI's

Twice he came up with the bases empty, twice with Konerko on first. So basically, you are asking for a home run and nothing else, cause that's the only way he can get an RBI in those situations.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Twice he came up with the bases empty, twice with Konerko on first. So basically, you are asking for a home run and nothing else, cause that's the only way he can get an RBI in those situations.

Dunn's basically trying to hit a home run every time up, so it'd be nice for him to hit some.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Doesn't that require people being on base and in scoring position in front of him? Or if it's Konerko, at 3b?

Well, what I would really like to see is some of thse home runs he is so famous for and we were promised

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
Dunn's basically trying to hit a home run every time up, so it'd be nice for him to hit some.

on a positive note he seems to be hitting the ball to the opposite field and beating the shift. Or he is just swinging late and the ball is headed there serendipitously.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
on a positive note he seems to be hitting the ball to the opposite field and beating the shift. Or he is just swinging late and the ball is headed there serendipitously.

LOL. Either he is playing smart just to contribute or he has become so bad that he is accidentally outsmarting the other team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

Sox's Sept. 4 game at Detroit now 7:05 p.m., meaning Sox will play three games in 27 hours in two states (day-night DH on Sept. 5 at minn).

Will Humber come off of the DL in time to start one of these games? Will he need a rehab stint?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Is the plan to get the number one draft pick for 2013. Because I dont really think any of them provide a talent boost.

Just to compete for roster spots, nothing more.

On a random note, I watched the last 4 innings of last night's game at a bar in Belgrade, Serbia. Got to love ESPN America! Just so happened the game was on live, so it was a real treat watching my team in HD while having a few drinks overseas. Opportunities like this don't happen often.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 04:21 AM)
On a random note, I watched the last 4 innings of last night's game at a bar in Belgrade, Serbia. Got to love ESPN America! Just so happened the game was on live, so it was a real treat watching my team in HD while having a few drinks overseas. Opportunities like this don't happen often.

Make sure to watch the movie "THE WHISTLEBLOWER" while you're there.

Joking...

Unfortunately, no baseball players in that region of the world, but you can scout some basketball prospects for JR.

Do you guys want to trade CQ, bring up Viciedo and add Cuddyer this offseason?

We could have Viciedo in left; DeAza center and Cuddyer in right with albatross Rios (ugh) the utility outfielder.

That seems to me like a decent outfield.

That potentially has a lot more pop than our current outfield. Slappy Juan is gone (his .285 average deserves praise though) and Rios where he belongs, as reserve OF. Cuddyer will be fired up with new team. I like my proposed outfield and what we can get for CQ.

We get a decent starting pitcher for CQ or the fabled prospects to help build up our system.

Also would you want to sign Nathan, Capps or Kubel?? We have a chance to add some of the dreaded Twins roster if we want to.

I think we should add some Twins.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Do you guys want to trade CQ, bring up Viciedo and add Cuddyer this offseason?

We could have Viciedo in left; DeAza center and Cuddyer in right with albatross Rios (ugh) the utility outfielder.

That seems to me like a decent outfield.

That potentially has a lot more pop than our current outfield. Slappy Juan is gone (his .285 average deserves praise though) and Rios where he belongs, as reserve OF. Cuddyer will be fired up with new team. I like my proposed outfield and what we can get for CQ.

We get a decent starting pitcher for CQ or the fabled prospects to help build up our system.

Also would you want to sign Nathan, Capps or Kubel?? We have a chance to add some of the dreaded Twins roster if we want to.

I think we should add some Twins.

The same Twins that are currently 4 games out of last place. You sure you want to add players from the Twins?

I have to imagine that the Sox are going to have a relatively quiet offseason. A trade here or there, perhaps a resigning here or there, but they aren't going to be uber aggressive as they were this past offseason.

Oh, and Alex Rios is not going to be a bench player going into the season. If they were going to do that, they'd be better eating 75% of his salary and trading him elsewhere and going with someone who is more acclimated towards being a bench player. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lillibridge, Viciedo, Rios, and De Aza all getting significant ABs from the outfield next year with Quentin traded and Pierre let go.