2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Depends on what we're using him for.

Compared to Juan Pierre's bat, he might well be an improvement, and you can't defend Juan by saying "But Milledge has been terrible on defense!" because so has Juan.

If you're trying to put him in CF, yeah, that's a defensive mess...but the guy who has played CF for most of the season has been worse in almost every way.

Milledge/Lillibridge or De Aza/Viciedo >> Pierre/Rios/Viciedo.

Quentin-De Aza and Viciedo in the OF and take your pick for the 4th. Lilibridge can play back up OF'er and infielder

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
I think it's become quite obvious that Quentin is only a part-season player.

The alternative is to tell him not to try so hard. If we had more like CQ on the team we might still be in it - ALL THE WAY IN. Granted we would have a full DL but what the heck :lolhitting

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
The alternative is to tell him not to try so hard. If we had more like CQ on the team we might still be in it - ALL THE WAY IN. Granted we would have a full DL but what the heck :lolhitting

Or simply practice how to land without destroyign your body.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
Quentin-De Aza and Viciedo in the OF and take your pick for the 4th. Lilibridge can play back up OF'er and infielder

And what is the new manager going to do with Rios?

If he's on the roster, he'll start.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
So I was watching Law & Order: SVU the other day, and while investigating a case, one of the questions was (paraphrasing),"What happened on October 26th, 2005?", and Stabler responded....."The White Sox won the World Series."

Thought that was pretty cool.

The Assistant DA asks a youngh suspect "Does October 26th 2005 ring a bell?"

Stabler says: "It was the day the Chicago White Sox won the World Series for the first time since 1917."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
And what is the new manager going to do with Rios?

If he's on the roster, he'll start.

Story today I read saying the OF would be CQ-DeAza, Rios and Vicideo . Pierre most likely not re-signed because of age adn his hig dollar demand (They said $8.5M this year?) I think Lilli is the super sub

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Story today I read saying the OF would be CQ-DeAza, Rios and Vicideo . Pierre most likely not re-signed because of age adn his hig dollar demand (They said $8.5M this year?) I think Lilli is the super sub

Platooning CQ and DeAza is ridiculous.

If Rios is our starting CF I think anybody who buys a season ticket is a fool. Ripoff.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
So I was watching Law & Order: SVU the other day, and while investigating a case, one of the questions was (paraphrasing),"What happened on October 26th, 2005?", and Stabler responded....."The White Sox won the World Series."

I love that show. But I lose a little faith in god whenever I think of Ice T's walrus lookin' ass bangin' Coco every night.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)

Sweet, I need to find that episode! The wife constantly has that show on, so I've seen plenty of them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
JimMargalus Jim Margalus

Brent Morel has drawn five walks in his last 14 games. He drew four over his first 90.

Not believable. What you do for your first 200 at bats in the league forever determines what kind of player you are.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Pregame Ozzie related he's seen Rios errantly break back 3 steps on balls "700 times" in 2011. Run him out there again then, by all means

The only way to reward this behavior is by batting him cleanup.