Rock Band March Madness

knightni

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Zappa. Bracket is invalid.

Also Quinarvy, how could you ever, ever, ever, EVER even CONSIDER voting Outkast over the Clash? Stupid things like that always invalidate these stupid brackets.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
No Zappa. Bracket is invalid.

Also Quinarvy, how could you ever, ever, ever, EVER even CONSIDER voting Outkast over the Clash? Stupid things like that always invalidate these stupid brackets.

Simple, after Guns N' Roses, Rush, Billy Joel, Nine Inch Nails, Iron Maiden, and Radiohead, Outkast is one of my favorite artists.

Agreed on Zappa.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
You dont have to be old to appreciate one of the best if not the best rock band ever.

Yeah you do, Led Zepplin is trash.. and how is Metallica not a 1 seed?

Secondly, ide like to know who thinks the Allman Brothers "rock".. this tournament is a sham

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)

Secondly, ide like to know who thinks the Allman Brothers "rock".. this tournament is a sham

If not rock, what would you consider Allman Brothers? Blues?

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 06:46 AM)
If not rock, what would you consider Allman Brothers? Blues?

Eh, I dunno.. but Outkast I wouldn't consider rock, U2? There is just a really weird mix with this bracket

Rocks has been redifened so often, it's hard to exclude almost anything in my mind. Is rock Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley? It was in their day. But how do you place them alongside the Sex Pistols and Guns n Roses?

Well Metallica is not even in the same universe as Zepplin. Zepplin has 200-300 million records sold, Metallica has 100 million. Its hard to imagine hate for Led from some one who likes Metallica as Led is one if not the founders of Heavy metal.

This is an excerpt from Rolling Stones 100 Greatest Artists (Led was 14):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10...ppelin-19691231

Heavy metal would not exist without Led Zeppelin, and if it did, it would suck. Led Zeppelin were more than just a band — they were the perfect combination of the most intense elements: passion and mystery and expertise.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
This is an excerpt from Rolling Stones 100 Greatest Artists (Led was 14):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10...ppelin-19691231

haha ok, and the Beach Boys are 12th on that list.. GTFO..

Very few people have the same idea of whats good music or what belongs in what category.. your little rolling stone reference is hilarious by the way.. Little Richard is the 8th greatest artist of all time? Haha, I guess I cant argue with that.. I usually put on "Tutti Frutti" and rock out all the time

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
haha ok, and the Beach Boys are 12th on that list.. GTFO..

Very few people have the same idea of whats good music or what belongs in what category.. your little rolling stone reference is hilarious by the way.. Little Richard is the 8th greatest artist of all time? Haha, I guess I cant argue with that.. I usually put on "Tutti Frutti" and rock out all the time

So anything made before your time is irrelevant?

You should also read the article given that most of the comments about LZ are made by Dave Grohl

Edited by RockRaines

You clearly missed the point. Of course people have different music tastes, its just that in every measurable away Led dominates Metallica. I found it ironic that you as a Metallica fan wouldnt respect Led who is often credited as the founders of Heavy metal.

I just wanted to point out the irony in saying Metallica is awesome but Led is trash, when Led basically invented Metallica's sound.

You may not like their music, but there is no way they arent a 1 seed as they are arguably the best Rock band of all time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
You should also read the article given that most of the comments about LZ are made by Dave Grohl

I like Dave Grohl, I like some Foo Fighters and Nirvana as well.. but I don't care that Dave Grohl likes Led Zepplin.. I think they are terrible, don't like their music one bit.. that's fine, im sure there are people who would think bands I love are terrible too, that's just how it goes..

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
You clearly missed the point. Of course people have different music tastes, its just that in every measurable away Led dominates Metallica. I found it ironic that you as a Metallica fan wouldnt respect Led who is often credited as the founders of Heavy metal.

I just wanted to point out the irony in saying Metallica is awesome but Led is trash, when Led basically invented Metallica's sound.

You may not like their music, but there is no way they arent a 1 seed as they are arguably the best Rock band of all time.

What the hell are you talking about, Metallica sounds nothing like Led Zeppelin.. And im sorry, but Led Zeppelin is not even close to metal