2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Oh ok. lol. You didn't quote him. I thought I said something.

What he wrote was too long to quote. You wouldn't rail against me for telling the truth about the biggest stain on the White Sox minor league system.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Yeah, I saw that. My question was at what point can he finally be dismissed? Dude was drafted in '04.

Humber was drafted in 2004 as well... Anyways, I don't think he is on anyone's radar at this point for Chicago. But this is the minor league board, so his name is going to come up here.

Sorry, I too just have a tendency to be skeptical of what I hear when a person has an obvious bias against a player and I have heard quite literally the complete opposite about a player like less than 2 or 3 years ago from a source to whom I am much closer.

I do appreciate any and all info you pass along.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Sorry, I too just have a tendency to be skeptical of what I hear when a person has an obvious bias against a player and I have heard quite literally the complete opposite about a player like less than 2 or 3 years ago from a source to whom I am much closer.

I do appreciate any and all info you pass along.

That bias was only about 10% of what it is now before the last two months. 25 or so games at the leadoff spot batting sub .200 is unforgivable. The Barons really started rolling once Kuhn was moved there. KW Jr. may have had speed in the past, but it's gone now. I know he missed half of last season with two separate DL stints. I'm certain one was leg injury.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
That bias was only about 10% of what it is now before the last two months. 25 or so games at the leadoff spot batting sub .200 is unforgivable. The Barons really started rolling once Kuhn was moved there. KW Jr. may have had speed in the past, but it's gone now. I know he missed half of last season with two separate DL stints. I'm certain one was leg injury.

Yea either groin or quad IIRC

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)

Obviously, Kuhn has been putting up great #'s and I figure you've seen him a lot, JPN, so what do you think of his potential? I've heard him projected as a super-utility guy down the road, due to his playing multiple positions in the minors.

I'd certainly like to see him in Charlotte ASAP, and if he does well there, part of the mix next Spring Training as we look to fill the immense shoes of Juan Pierre.

Winston-Salem Dash

This just in: three Winston-Salem Dash were named to the Carolina League All-Star Team when rosters were announced earlier today. RHP Andre Rienzo, OF Jose Martinez, and DH Ian Gac will represent the Carolina League when it takes on the California League All-Stars on Tuesday, June 21, in Modesto, CA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Winston-Salem Dash

This just in: three Winston-Salem Dash were named to the Carolina League All-Star Team when rosters were announced earlier today. RHP Andre Rienzo, OF Jose Martinez, and DH Ian Gac will represent the Carolina League when it takes on the California League All-Stars on Tuesday, June 21, in Modesto, CA.

Ian Gac - best name in the org.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Yeah, I saw that. My question was at what point can he finally be dismissed? Dude was drafted in '04.

They just made him a side armer so he is a different pitcher. Whisler had already been out of the org.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Obviously, Kuhn has been putting up great #'s and I figure you've seen him a lot, JPN, so what do you think of his potential? I've heard him projected as a super-utility guy down the road, due to his playing multiple positions in the minors.

I'd certainly like to see him in Charlotte ASAP, and if he does well there, part of the mix next Spring Training as we look to fill the immense shoes of Juan Pierre.

I think he's a prototype leadoff hitter. His only hitting weakness is going to the opposite field. Defensively, he doesn't really profile at any one position, but he has the right character to be a team guy who will play wherever needed.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
I think he's a prototype leadoff hitter. His only hitting weakness is going to the opposite field. Defensively, he doesn't really profile at any one position, but he has the right character to be a team guy who will play wherever needed.

Thanks.

Let's hope he makes a quick adjustment to AAA pitching. Gotta believe a promo's coming soon.

QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
Jon Gilmore reactivated

Luis Sierra re-assigned to Winston -Salem

Gilmore should force KW Jr. out of the lineup. Nobody else should be benched over him. Not even Justin Greene.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)

I'm not doubting the speed thing, but at this point, it's mostly that I think Williams is hiding something. I get that he's not a good player, but I think he's talented enough to hit better than .207 or whatever he is hitting. The fact that he is now slow as compared to fast only accentuates that thought.

Certain injuries will take some speed away from you, but I really can't think of anything that will turn you from fast to slow that quickly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
I'm not doubting the speed thing, but at this point, it's mostly that I think Williams is hiding something. I get that he's not a good player, but I think he's talented enough to hit better than .207 or whatever he is hitting. The fact that he is now slow as compared to fast only accentuates that thought.

Certain injuries will take some speed away from you, but I really can't think of anything that will turn you from fast to slow that quickly.

I called .190 for the season before it started.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Really? Isn't he like the 30-year-old guy?

28 going on 29. I wonder who's place he's taking in Charlotte? Their roster is full. Axelrod was activated from the DL and took his roster spot in B'ham.