2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 26, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
A minor leaguer with the Mets hit into a 3-2-6-1-5-3-2-6-8 double play

Why'd the centerfielder have to get involved? Pitcher get tired or something? Trip and fall?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I'm guessing he was backing up a pickle at second base.

Mrs Doyle found the play, and Terry went to BC with the runner on second!

The story,

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...;vkey=news_milb

The play,

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/multime...ent_id=15227211

Edited by NHDadUmp-RI

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
My boy toy Brett Lawrie was 4/6 with 4 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI. Now sporting a slashline of .350/.409/.659/1.068.

This is the caliber of prospect that MUST be acquired if we're to trade Danks at some point this year.

Well, then you're not trading Danks

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
So Marcum > Danks to you? Not to mention Danks has no injury history whatsoever.

Consider this post nullified.

Marcum was in his first arbitration-eligible season this year, and so hits FA after 2013 instead of 2012 like Danks. They have very similar overall ERA+ numbers, with the exception of Marcum having missed a season. At worst, the injury part balances out the fact that you got him for another year, and now, you add in the fact that Danks looks like garbage on the mound...yeah.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
New pitchers to Charlotte...

Cameron Bayne

Brandon Kloess

Kloess? Skipped AA to go to Charlotte? They must think its a short-term assignment, no way he deserved that over some of the relievers at B-Ham.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
Kloess? Skipped AA to go to Charlotte? They must think its a short-term assignment, no way he deserved that over some of the relievers at B-Ham.

Bayne is already back with the Dash. It's probably just a temp thing with Kloess as well.

Fort Mill, Kannapolis and Winston-Salem are all along the same stretch of interstate, so it's easier to move someone temporarily up to Charlotte from Winston-Salem. It's happened before the last few years with Kyle Shelton and Tyson Corley.

Edited by JPN366

Does Trayce lead all Sox minor leaguers in HR's? I don't think I know of anyone with more than his 10.

Seems like he's poised for a breakout year power wise, maybe not so much with the cutting down on K's and average...

QUOTE (Cali @ May 31, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Does Trayce lead all Sox minor leaguers in HR's? I don't think I know of anyone with more than his 10.

Seems like he's poised for a breakout year power wise, maybe not so much with the cutting down on K's and average...

Ian Gac has 14 for the Dash.

Thompson's Ks are down a bit, but so are his walks. His power is about the same. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed so far, but he's a guy we need to be patient with. Still just 20.

You know who should really be pissed about KW Jr. playing so much...Jose Martinez. He should be promoted soon or at least by the start of the second half. Jr. should be benched or demoted by then. If this was any other player, Martinez would've supplanted them by now. If Jose Martinez is being held back by KW Jr., then this organization is truly twisted and evil.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
You know who should really be pissed about KW Jr. playing so much...Jose Martinez. He should be promoted soon or at least by the start of the second half. Jr. should be benched or demoted by then. If this was any other player, Martinez would've supplanted them by now. If Jose Martinez is being held back by KW Jr., then this organization is truly twisted and evil.

Well that and Martinez had a .640 OPS in May.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
True, but Martinez's OPS on the season is 200 + points higher.

I'd leave Martinez in W-S until the first half of the seasons are over. Remember, this is his first sustained success since his catastrophic injury. Doesn't hurt to let him get into a comfortable groove. Let him finish out the year in AA and hopefully he adjusts well. If so start him there next year and see if he can make the jump to AAA at some point.