2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Kuhn was hitting .365 in August.

This makes absolutely no sense.

People seem to think it's the playoff roster thing, maybe to let them play longer. Seems weak to me, jerking Kuhn around again.

Furthermore, who is going to catch in Charlotte? Is Castro about to start a rehab assignment, or is Lucy going to play full time?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
People seem to think it's the playoff roster thing, maybe to let them play longer. Seems weak to me, jerking Kuhn around again.

Furthermore, who is going to catch in Charlotte? Is Castro about to start a rehab assignment, or is Lucy going to play full time?

There is value to seeing "playoff pressure" performance. Have either been in playoffs with Sox?

Price is 2nd catcher in Charlotte.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)

I do know for a fact that August 15th was the deadline to set rosters for the playoffs. Not saying for certain that that is why they were demoted. Only the players on the active or inactive roster can play in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 07:03 AM)
I apologize if this has been covered previously, but what is the status of our second round pick Johnson, he has not pitched much?

Likely just limiting his innings. He was the ace of a college team that made the super regionals. He logged 105 innings, which was almost a 30 inning jump from the year before. It's pretty standard practice for pitchers actually.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:33 AM)
Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

#WhiteSox SS Tyler Saladino goes 3-for-4 with two doubles and a triple; very hard guy to evaluate, as scouts are very mixed on him.

Just turned 22, provides offense at a position where it is pretty weak at the moment, doesn't have a bad contact rate or too bad of plate discipline and from what I've heard is a good though not great defender. Sounds like a prospect that we should start to get a little excited about

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
I do know for a fact that August 15th was the deadline to set rosters for the playoffs. Not saying for certain that that is why they were demoted. Only the players on the active or inactive roster can play in the playoffs.

I was wrong, it was the 17th, not the 15th.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
KnightsBaseball Charlotte Knights

RT @patrickstarck: Dayan Viciedo hit his 20th home run last night, is 1st Knight with consecutive 20 HR seasons since Brian Daubach 97-98

I use to e-mail Patrick, and getting info from him was like pulling teeth. Now, he just tweets everything.

Cooper was asked this morning if Santiago and Lindsay would be coming up in September, and he didn't commit but he did mention Addison Reed as a possibility, so I would assume there's a real good chance he's getting added to the 40-man next week.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Cooper was asked this morning if Santiago and Lindsay would be coming up in September, and he didn't commit but he did mention Addison Reed as a possibility, so I would assume there's a real good chance he's getting added to the 40-man next week.

The only reason they wouldn't bring him us is if they thought his arm needed the rest. His minor league numbers make me think he'd immediately be our second best righty.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)

And Axelrod should go up. I'm not sure how much more he needs to show or prove.

Edited by NHDadUmp-RI