Juan Pierre

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 01:20 AM)
Has anyone seen Dayan play the outfield yet? Maybe he still needs work. I get the impression the organization has a fear of bringing him up too soon.

I think the question should be has Dayan played LF yet? I'm worried that KW/Ozzie will use that as some sort of excuse for not calling him up.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 06:30 AM)
I think the question should be has Dayan played LF yet? I'm worried that KW/Ozzie will use that as some sort of excuse for not calling him up.

The reason that Viciedo isnt up is that LF is reserved for a slappy leadoff type hitter. Ozzie has wanted that since day one. The only reason Quentin got to start in LF is because Owens got hurt at the end of ST. Or it would of been another slappy, no power, track star.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
I know, that was the picture I was trying to paint that Pierre was out of position and got such a bad read that Morel had to venture all the way out to LF.

I was at the game last night. Pierre was playing where he was positioned by the coaches as they all do. He was deep in a no doubles position. A high fly ball to short left was hit and Morel kowing how deep Pierre was charged hard well into left field. Pierre got a bad read and then pulled up because of Morel. It was the left fielder's ball and should have been caught.

What really got me was the two perfectly executed Mariner bunts later that inning. The Sox have trouble getting even one down and other teams seem to use this tool when ever they need to, flawlessly!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
The reason that Viciedo isnt up is that LF is reserved for a slappy leadoff type hitter. Ozzie has wanted that since day one. The only reason Quentin got to start in LF is because Owens got hurt at the end of ST. Or it would of been another slappy, no power, track star.

It really is pathetic. We went from Carlos Lee in LF to Pods and Pierre under Guillen. I will never truly understand his fascination with slappy leadoff hitters other than remind him of himself. I honestly think that 90% of people that follow baseball somewhat closely would agree that we would be so much better with Viciedo in LF right now. I just can't fathom having a GM and manager who think otherwise. It's just so blatantly obvious.

Also, I'm praying that Viciedo has played some LF in AAA or at least has worked out there in practice. If Pierre were to ever get injured, and I had my fingers crossed last night that Morel was going to take care of that for us, then Viciedo should be ready to go in LF. I'm not sure if that's the case. I'm also not sure they'd call up Viciedo if Pierre went down. I could almost see Guillen starting Lillibridge in LF everyday and bringing up De Aza to be the 4th OF. Honestly, I have no faith in Guillen making the right decision. The fact that KW values Ozzie's opinions on player doesn't help matters either.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
It really is pathetic. We went from Carlos Lee in LF to Pods and Pierre under Guillen. I will never truly understand his fascination with slappy leadoff hitters other than remind him of himself. I honestly think that 90% of people that follow baseball somewhat closely would agree that we would be so much better with Viciedo in LF right now. I just can't fathom having a GM and manager who think otherwise. It's just so blatantly obvious.

Also, I'm praying that Viciedo has played some LF in AAA or at least has worked out there in practice. If Pierre were to ever get injured, and I had my fingers crossed last night that Morel was going to take care of that for us, then Viciedo should be ready to go in LF. I'm not sure if that's the case. I'm also not sure they'd call up Viciedo if Pierre went down. I could almost see Guillen starting Lillibridge in LF everyday and bringing up De Aza to be the 4th OF. Honestly, I have no faith in Guillen making the right decision. The fact that KW values Ozzie's opinions on player doesn't help matters either.

For what Lee is doing and getting paid out there, I'd rather have Pierre.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
I loathe JP but plenty of guys defended his ass in a game thread the other night when I blamed him for his s*** baserunning. :bringit

I defended him because it wasn't his fault that his field of vision didn't allow him to see a ball was dropped in the OF. However, last night Juan f***ed us yet again with his awful range in left field.

F*ck him, I'm done with him. Juan Pierre finally died last night in my book, and now I'm subject to seeing him get the most at bats of anyone on our entire roster the rest of the way out because Ozzie is a hard-headed idiot.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
The reason that Viciedo isnt up is that LF is reserved for a slappy leadoff type hitter. Ozzie has wanted that since day one.

See the debacle that was Dewayne Wise leading off, simply because he LOOKED THE PART. Ozzie has made some bad moves in his day, but his insistence on a slappy, speedy leadoff hitter is killing us yet again.

Did Ozzie say anything after the game last night? I'd expect another vote of confidence for Juan and the blame deflected to the offense for not scoring enough runs. Juan can do no wrong in Ozzie's eyes.

And you know it's bad when Hawk and Stoney are complaining about Juan's play on the field.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:15 AM)
For what Lee is doing and getting paid out there, I'd rather have Pierre.

Well I'd rather have neither of them. My point was that we used to have power in LF, but Guillen needed to insert a slappy leadoff hitter into the lineup, so we are now forgoing any power whatsoever at a traditional power position.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
Well I'd rather have neither of them. My point was that we used to have power in LF, but Guillen needed to insert a slappy leadoff hitter into the lineup, so we are now forgoing any power whatsoever at a traditional power position.

It would be fair to point out at this point that the Carlos Lee trade went a long way towards winning us our World Series title.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
It would be fair to point out at this point that the Carlos Lee trade went a long way towards winning us our World Series title.

Yes, by freeing up more money to spend on other free agents, and not because Pods was actually better than Carlos Lee.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
Yes, by freeing up more money to spend on other free agents, and not because Pods was actually better than Carlos Lee.

Pods was the lionshare of scoring first in 50whatever games to start that year. He was a huge shot in the arm to get that season rolling early. I remember seeing our deviations for runs scored that year and was amazed at how small they were. We were much more consistent in scoring that year, and I think that really helps the pitching staff. Now we haven't seen that kind of a year from a leadoff hitter again (while Pods was healthy) but I get the idea of what that is supposed to do for an offense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)

It only got us Scotty Pods and allowed us to sign AJ and El Duque, among others. I hate, hate hate when people b**** about the C-Lee trade. It was great.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
It only got us Scotty Pods and allowed us to sign AJ and El Duque, among others. I hate, hate hate when people b**** about the C-Lee trade. It was great.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the money it freed up at all. It worked out, even if we gave up more talent than what we got back. And IIRC, the player that we definitely couldn't have afforded if we didn't do this trade was Iguchi.

These softball questions the reporters ask Ozzie are a joke. Someone has to be a MAN, step up, and call him out on this ridiculous decision to march JP out there everyday at the top of the order and call it what it is and point out how many baseball games this worthless joke of a left fielder has cost us. "There's nothing we can do about it?" Yes there is. DFA him.

To me this is almost worse than the Kotsay situation of 2010, which I didn't think I'd see again. Both Ozzie and Kenny need to be fired if they cannot see how glaring of a problem this is.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
These softball questions the reporters ask Ozzie are a joke. Someone has to be a MAN, step up, and call him out on this ridiculous decision to march JP out there everyday at the top of the order and call it what it is and point out how many baseball games this worthless joke of a left fielder has cost us. "There's nothing we can do about it?" Yes there is. DFA him.

To me this is almost worse than the Kotsay situation of 2010, which I didn't think I'd see again. Both Ozzie and Kenny need to be fired if they cannot see how glaring of a problem this is.

Thank you.

Maybe I can put together a realistic looking press pass for you for tonight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
I defended him because it wasn't his fault that his field of vision didn't allow him to see a ball was dropped in the OF. However, last night Juan f***ed us yet again with his awful range in left field.

F*ck him, I'm done with him. Juan Pierre finally died last night in my book, and now I'm subject to seeing him get the most at bats of anyone on our entire roster the rest of the way out because Ozzie is a hard-headed idiot.

Some of you guys seem to take this too seriously, but to each his own.

Died last night in your book?

He's not dead in my book. He's going to play every game basically. Ozzie said that less than a week ago.

Serious question: If JP were released today is there a team that would pick him off waivers? I doubt it. And here Ozzie is starting him, no less. His most valuable asset was always his speed and he covered a lot of ground in the outfield and got to balls others wouldn't, but even that seems to be gone. He doesn't get on base enough and he can't steal even when he does. What's the point?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Some of you guys seem to take this too seriously, but to each his own.

Died last night in your book?

He's not dead in my book. He's going to play every game basically. Ozzie said that less than a week ago.

That was in the post you quoted. You need to improve your reading comprehension skills.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Serious question: If JP were released today is there a team that would pick him off waivers? I doubt it. And here Ozzie is starting him, no less. His most valuable asset was always his speed and he covered a lot of ground in the outfield and got to balls others wouldn't, but even that seems to be gone. He doesn't get on base enough and he can't steal even when he does. What's the point?

If he were released someone would sign him to a cheap deal and put him in the minors and he'd definitely wind up in the majors again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
All I know is I'm glad Michael Bourn is a Boras client. I could totally see Ozzie being fixated on him after Juan (hopefully) goes.

I'd be down with Michael Bourn, depending on the price. At least for the next 2-3 years until his speed starts disappearing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I'd be down with Michael Bourn, depending on the price. At least for the next 2-3 years until his speed starts disappearing.

No, no, no. No more singles only, sub-370 SLG% left-fielders on this team. I've had enough.. Pods worked out in '05. It's been a tsunami out there since.