White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 4/15, 7:10 PM CT. CSN

chisox2334

If we are really all-in, they should fire the whole coaching staff if we are a few games under .500 in mid May.

I'd give them until mid May to show something.

Schedule has been easy. Sox have played sloppy shoddy baseball for the most part.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Royals win again.

Sox fans would be excited if we were 9-4 like they are instead of 7-6 blahdom.

But the Twins are now 4-9 and 6-20 in their last 26 games. No Mauer. Liriano looks like he might not get it together this season.

Of course, I'm NEVER going to count on that organization. You always do so at your own peril.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
If we are really all-in, they should fire the whole coaching staff if we are a few games under .500 in mid May.

I'd give them until mid May to show something.

Schedule has been easy. Sox have played sloppy shoddy baseball for the most part.

And replace them with who?

Just for a temporary uptick?

Until we've found a consistent closer and Peavy comes back, it's pretty hard to make any judgements on what we have with this particular Sox squad.

I would be shocked if JR did this. Imagine in 2005 when the team was collapsing and they fired the manager. If anything, last year's comeback from near death has bought Ozzie the opportunity to get through this entire season.

Unless we find a new manager who can teach Sale and Thornton to be the next Mariano Rivera and add cutters to their repertoire, it's not worth it. Although I do think Rongey defending Thornton's slider as a consistent "solid" pitch over the course of his Sox career is amusing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:01 AM)
And replace them with who?

Just for a temporary uptick?

Until we've found a consistent closer and Peavy comes back, it's pretty hard to make any judgements on what we have with this particular Sox squad.

I would be shocked if JR did this. Imagine in 2005 when the team was collapsing and they fired the manager. If anything, last year's comeback from near death has bought Ozzie the opportunity to get through this entire season.

Unless we find a new manager who can teach Sale and Thornton to be the next Mariano Rivera and add cutters to their repertoire, it's not worth it. Although I do think Rongey defending Thornton's slider as a consistent "solid" pitch over the course of his Sox career is amusing.

True Caufield, but a month and a half is enough to judge when you are "all in."

I prefer keeping Ozzie but he can't get this team out of its maddening play the last couple seasons.

I gave up looking at upcoming schedules a few years ago.

Last year proved that we could dominate stretches of play against any opponent for long stretches, and that we could also struggle to beat the worst teams in baseball.

It's all about momentum, and until the pen is solidified, we'll bounce back and forth like the 2009 team, like a car that's not running on all cylinders.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
You don't bring in Adam Dunn to have a team that plays small ball. That's just baseball stupid.

:notworthy

THIS.

Agreed. With Pierre and Becks as your 1 and 2, Dunn should be seeing runners on base, not nobody on base and one out because of a sacrifice.