White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 4/15, 7:10 PM CT. CSN

chisox2334

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:35 AM)
AJ shoulda punched that 0-2 pitch into left for a hit.

He needs to change his approach. He's old with no power.

He needs to be batting 9th...only problem is so should Morel and Pierre. Another 1-2-3 to end a game. Ozzie continues to manage us out of games...terrible season so far for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
He needs to be batting 9th...only problem is so should Morel and Pierre. Another 1-2-3 to end a game. Ozzie continues to manage us out of games...terrible season so far for him.

Ozzie may suck but it's ridiculous to think one bunt call cost us this game. You play to tie at home and win on the road or so the dreaded book says.

I don't care if Ozzie gets the boot or not, but that's on Beckham, not the manager.

Well, we did lead the game for the 13th time in a row.

Only 24 more to go to match our previous record streak. We'd beaten the Angels seven games in a row, so you knew it was likely to end with Weaver and Haren pitching this weekend and Humber on the mound. Humber's been a lot better than expected, actually.

Morel's been shaky so far, but I'll excuse the error tonight because of the wet field and playing conditions. I'm not sure how many will if he continues his current error pace, though.

Santos continues to look strong. Wish Dunn would have come through earlier...I think the game would have turned out differently if we took a 3-0 lead instead of 1-0 at that point.

And B. McCarthy's pitching for the A's like he did for the Sox in 2005. At least he's beating the Tigers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)
Ozzie may suck but it's ridiculous to think one bunt call cost us this game. You play to tie at home and win on the road or so the dreaded book says.

I don't care if Ozzie gets the boot or not, but that's on Beckham, not the manager.

Greg, what good does bunting do in front of Dunn? It's not like he's going to go up there trying to slice one to left field to score the run. This is the same guy who didn't have a sac fly for a few years. Ozzie's pathetic attraction with the bunt and small ball has f***ed us in a handful of games now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Greg, what good does bunting do in front of Dunn? It's not like he's going to go up there trying to slice one to left field to score the run. This is the same guy who didn't have a sac fly for a few years. Ozzie's pathetic attraction with the bunt and small ball has f***ed us in a handful of games now.

this.

you DONT take the bat out of the hands of one of our best hitters. you just dont.

I'm not saying it's right.

Managers' ideas are to put the tying run on second with one out.

Would they have walked Dunn? That also would go against the book, putting the winning run on first base, but let's say they did?

Still first and second one out. The idea is you have a good chance to tie.

Not saying it's right, but it's the book for the home team many times to do this.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
this.

you DONT take the bat out of the hands of one of our best hitters. you just dont.

You don't bring in Adam Dunn to have a team that plays small ball. That's just baseball stupid.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
I'm not saying it's right.

Managers' ideas are to put the tying run on second with one out.

Would they have walked Dunn? That also would go against the book, putting the winning run on first base, but let's say they did?

Still first and second one out. The idea is you have a good chance to tie.

Not saying it's right, but it's the book for the home team many times to do this.

This book you speak of, please throw it into the nearest garbage can. Set in on fire, then piss on it's ashes. Ozzie is predictable and the magic 8 ball lies.

Especially with Humber on the mound against Weaver.

You have to take your shot for the big inning, home or not (referring to bunting early in the game).

Not to mention the fact that with the bullpen in its current condition, does a one run lead do anything?

Hope they didn't waste Santos for tomorrow's game, I don't want to hear that excuse from Ozzie for not using him in a save situation.

And what I really don't understand is bunting (sac) with players like Alexei, who have REPEATEDLY failed in that same situation, year after year. If he bunts on his own, that's one thing, he's successful as often as not in those situations.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:52 AM)
And what I really don't understand is bunting (sac) with players like Alexei, who have REPEATEDLY failed in that same situation, year after year. If he bunts on his own, that's one thing, he's successful as often as not in those situations.

or bunting in front of Juan Pierre, who can't hit the ball deep enough to score a runner on a sac fly.