What is Going Wrong With the Sox

Felix

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
This thread is REALLY just a joke, right??

Have you not read anything I've said? What would give you that idea?

Dunn simply isn't the type of player we need if we want to win the AL Central. He's not a team player and he's just going to hurt our offense. We need players that can manufacture runs, not players that butcher opportunities.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
That was more about a healthy Peavy than anything. Isn't it obvious that we aren't going to get that? KW was fleeced. It happens. Let's move on and hope for a brighter tomorrow.

And a brighter tomorrow can only be a roster without Dunn.

You simply cannot write off a guy based on what happened last yr. The guy is simply too talented to not talk about success.

In every case, it was pitching not hitting that caused Cincy, Arizona, and Washington to fail.

Besides, Dunn did not have a choice to be in Cincinnati or Arizona, and Washington offered him money out of desperation (see Jason Werth).

Was Tony Gwynn bad?

Was Ryne Sandberg bad?

Was Don Mattingly bad?

Was Harmon Killebrew bad?

Was Ernie Banks bad?

Was Ted Williams bad?

None of these guys won a title.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
You simply cannot write off a guy based on what happened last yr. The guy is simply too talented to not talk about success.

Ok, so let's talk about the month or two he'll give us before blowing out his elbow. He'll be erratic, still trying to find his control, and then he'll get hurt again. We cannot depend on him in the future.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)

Have you not read anything I've said? What would give you that idea?

Dunn simply isn't the type of player we need if we want to win the AL Central. He's not a team player and he's just going to hurt our offense. We need players that can manufacture runs, not players that butcher opportunities.

I dunno what makes you say that. He has 1 Hr, and 5 Rbis in 6 games that he has played with a .414 OBP. What is so horrible about that?

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Ok, so let's talk about the month or two he'll give us before blowing out his elbow. He'll be erratic, still trying to find his control, and then he'll get hurt again. We cannot depend on him in the future.

False... the fate of the White Sox title chances land heavily on Peavy.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I dunno what makes you say that. He has 1 Hr, and 5 Rbis in 6 games that he has played with a .414 OBP. What is so horrible about that?

Yes, let's cherrypick stats that make him look good. 1 HR in 7 games (tonight's counts). Hrmmmmmmmmmm.. that's on pace for.. let's do the math here.. carry the one..... 23 this season.

HE CAN'T HIT AL PITCHING.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Yes, let's cherrypick stats that make him look good. 1 HR in 7 games (tonight's counts). Hrmmmmmmmmmm.. that's on pace for.. let's do the math here.. carry the one..... 23 this season.

HE CAN'T HIT AL PITCHING.

Just to let you know NL has far more quality arms than AL.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
False... the fate of the White Sox title chances land heavily on Peavy.

I didn't disagree with that. I said that we can't depend on him, or his injury concerns. Sure, if he's a Cy Young, MAYBE we'd win 90, but that's so unrealistic of an expectation it's not even worth addressing.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)

Ever hear of mario mendoza? Dunn isn't even hitting at that level. Kinda pathetic if you think about it.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Ever hear of mario mendoza? Dunn isn't even hitting at that level. Kinda pathetic if you think about it.

Ya so are Pujols and Mauer.... real pathetic to even talk about this early on this season

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)

What's his OPS? OBP? Pit/PA? Just curious, are those bordering on the production of Mario Mendoza?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
This is without a doubt the greatest thread in Soxtalk history. The Carlos Gonzalez of all threads.

Man oh man i just became a member of Soxtalk pretty much few weeks ago... pretty hillarious if you ask me, is this kind of thing the norm may I ask you?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
What's his OPS? OBP? Pit/PA? Just curious, are those bordering on the production of Mario Mendoza?

What is the first stat always shown from left to right? Now when i say this i mean since the beginning of history... can this be denied? Someone needs to bone up on their history.

Since clearly average is by far the most important... all those other fancy stats can... and should... be thrown out the window.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
What's his average? K/PA?

Hey we know what we are getting from Adam Dunn. You ask for a the average, and K/PA ya his avg is low and K/PA is higher than the league average well so are his HR, Runs, RBIs, BB, OBP, OPS.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Adam Dunn just told you that you are a f***ing joke Felix.

So what, we've learned he can hit a batting practice pitch from a joke of a pitcher? What's the big deal?