Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
What does that have to do with it? And how would he fare against Haren and Weaver?

Well when you see other young players come up and seemingly produce right away it makes Gordon's inconsistencies stand out a little more. Andrew McCutchen came up right around the same time as Beckham and he's already probably one of the top 20 all-around players in baseball.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
If he went 4-4 today all the naysayers would want to suck him off.

That's disgusting.

Anyway, why are you getting so upset? Nobody is saying Beckham is terrible or is a bust. It's just that some here think he may become a better than average player but not the superstar some had hyped him to be.

Don't take this stuff so seriously. It's only a message board where people express their opinions about what is only a game.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Word was that they weren't going to give up Montero for Soria, so good luck...

Yanks have Rivera and Soriano why would they want Soria, SP is what they need.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
That's disgusting.

Anyway, why are you getting so upset? Nobody is saying Beckham is terrible or is a bust. It's just that some here think he may become a better than average player but not the superstar some had hyped him to be.

Don't take this stuff so seriously. It's only a message board where people express their opinions about what is only a game.

It's actually pretty upsetting when a player has a s***ty week and everyone writes them off lmao. Beckham continues to improve every season everywhere they stick him and people are saying he is going to be Tadahito f***ing Iguchi because he has a bad week and everyone is pissy that we get our asses handed to us by the Angels.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
It's actually pretty upsetting when a player has a s***ty week and everyone writes them off lmao. Beckham continues to improve every season everywhere they stick him and people are saying he is going to be Tadahito f***ing Iguchi because he has a bad week and everyone is pissy that we get our asses handed to us by the Angels.

Explain yourself.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Can someone give me a thumbnail on what happened today since I had to attend our baby shower?

Haren was good. 4-2 bottom of the 9th, Angels closer has no command, gives up leadoff double to Q! and walks Alex after getting him 0-2, A.J. sac bunts them over, Alexei K's on 3 or 4 pitches, Omar walks to load em up and Ozzie let's Pierre hit w/ bases loaded, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and he pops a lazy fly to left.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Well when you see other young players come up and seemingly produce right away it makes Gordon's inconsistencies stand out a little more. Andrew McCutchen came up right around the same time as Beckham and he's already probably one of the top 20 all-around players in baseball.

Isn't Car Go one of your favorites? He didn't exactly start out on fire. Beckham has produced. He produced as a rookie and had a nice 2nd half last year. He also was on fire this year until about a week ago.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Isn't Car Go one of your favorites? He didn't exactly start out on fire. Beckham has produced. He produced as a rookie and had a nice 2nd half last year. He also was on fire this year until about a week ago.

I didn't say Beckham sucked. But he has been inconsistent. Are you disputing that? Other younger players have not had this problem. I want Gordon to shine probably more than anybody on this site. Everybody knows my obsession with young, premium talent.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Can someone give me a thumbnail on what happened today since I had to attend our baby shower?

Sox lost.

The usual calls for Ozzie's head and trading players took place.

A pretty typical day. Nothing over the top.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
Sox lost.

The usual calls for Ozzie's head and trading players took place.

A pretty typical day. Nothing over the top.

Defense was pretty good, Buehrle was Ok but not great, Haren was just that good until he rann out of gas.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
The Marlins are the ones who said no to that.

I'm saying we were willing to listen to trade offers for Ozzie apparently. I'm well aware that the Marlins said no, yet I don't know why we went and extended Ozzie when it's pretty obvious if we struggle this year, he's gone.