"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
I once hear it was based around Gio and Fields, with Danks absolutely not a part of it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
It was Fields.

That's right. I knew it was a pitcher. Thanks.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
Hey Ozzie, you are f***ing terrible. You have a righty sinker baller on the mound...and you keep your best low ball hitter on the bench. You deserve to get fired.

It makes no sense not to bat Dunn!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Hey Ozzie, you are f***ing terrible. You have a righty sinker baller on the mound...and you keep your best low ball hitter on the bench. You deserve to get fired.

I agree 100%. Despite Dunn's struggles it's pathetic we have Rios backing up PK. Johnson hardly gave anything to hit to PK because he knew who was on deck. Sick.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
How about a pinch hitter next time Rios comes up with runners on and the Sox desperate for runs? How I wish KW got rid of him when he could.

How I wish KW didn't think we could win it all in 2009.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)

Come on man, you're assuming that A: Ozzie is awake and B: Ozzie gives a s***.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
It makes no sense not to bat Dunn!

Wow, you actually want Dunn to bat? Wieters could use a fanning off I guess.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
And backs it up with a full Will Ohman inning. Didn't Ohman come with a LOOGY instruction manuel? Do never face RH hitting.

I think we stopped caring about that a while ago.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Wow, you actually want Dunn to bat? Wieters could use a fanning off I guess.

Its a better option than Rios. The Sox are playing poorly as it is. Not to put your biggest guns out there when you have a shot at a tie or making the game much closer is silly. Teahen was a better option than Rios if Ozzie thinks Dunn needs a rest from playing in the field last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
I think we stopped caring about that a while ago.

He's been doing this with Ohman since the first series against Cleveland. This guy hasn't gotten righties out his entire career. Putting on Sox uniform wasn't going to change that fact.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Its a better option than Rios. The Sox are playing poorly as it is. Not to put your biggest guns out there when you have a shot at a tie or making the game much closer is silly. Teahen was a better option than Rios if Ozzie thinks Dunn needs a rest from playing in the field last night.

I also love how Hawk said Rios crushed his homer last night...when it made it out by about 15 feet down the line. That was absolutely the perfect spot to use Dunn, as it's very unlikely you get another chance to tie it. Buck Showalter always makes Ozzie look like a little b**** though.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
He's been doing this with Ohman since the first series against Cleveland. This guy hasn't gotten righties out his entire career. Putting on Sox uniform wasn't going to change that fact.

Ozzie's been doing this with LOOGYs his entire career. Didn't matter whether it was Logan in 2006, Marte when he was struggling, whatever. Ozzie expects you to finish a full inning even if you're not good at it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
I also love how Hawk said Rios crushed his homer last night...when it made it out by about 15 feet down the line. That was absolutely the perfect spot to use Dunn, as it's very unlikely you get another chance to tie it. Buck Showalter always makes Ozzie look like a little b**** though.

Never mind it was a solo homer in the 9th in a 6-1 game. They weren't exactly trying to paint corners.