Jose Reyes anyone?

Fantl916

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Would the Rays trade Longoria? Would the Rockies trade Tulo? Would the Marlins or Dodgers trade Johnson or Kershaw? That's what I meant. I'm giving love to Castro and hating on our pathetic roster at the same time.

I do get your point. It would be nice to have one player on the roster whose future you are looking forward to. Beckham doesn't even fit that description anymore. Ugh.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Nothing short of injury will stop him from being a star. I look at skillset moreso than I do raw numbers. I'd trade anybody on our team for Castro.

he can hit but until he learns to actually catch and throw the ball he cannot be considered even a good shortstop.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Would the Rays trade Longoria? Would the Rockies trade Tulo? Would the Marlins or Dodgers trade Johnson or Kershaw? That's what I meant. I'm giving love to Castro and hating on our pathetic roster at the same time.

No team is going to trade an established star player like one of those guys for an unestablished "stud" like Castro unless there are some kind of financial issues.

I see the talent you guys are talking about, but I think you're still getting a bit ahead of yourselves here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
I don't think either of the last 2 apply to Castro

From what Fathom says, sounds more like Michael Youngish...high average, decent pop, a bit shaky witht the leather...

Edited by iamshack

I think I heard Castro is the youngest player in the Majors right now, if so he has ALOT of time to get his fielding straightened out. From what I've seen of him I've been very impressed. He's not elite yet but I think he has a much higher chance of becoming elite than not becoming elite. Even as a Sox fan I have to admit that Castro is going to be very good for years to come.

As for Reyes I'd be for that but the Mets are going to ask for alot and since the Sox don't have any blue chip minor league prospects the Sox would have to trade at least to young guys on the active roster. Something realistic would be Sale and Beckham for Reyes. The Mets have no money to spend to they'd want to be taking be cheap players that they can control for a while. Problem is other teams would have more to offer than we would unless we thew in another guy like Alexi or Danks and I can't see KW doing that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Sale and beckham for Reyes is probably the kind of price it would take and the Sox would be insane to offer it

I'm not sure that would even get it done...I don't know that Sale has shown me enough to take the risk on Beckham, if I am the Cubs...

If the Sox are serious about Reyes then I don't think you trade for him this year, wait until the offseason and try to sign him. However for that to happen KW is going to have to unload 1-2 hefty contracts. I still think if Peavy comes back and pitches decently, the Yankees could be a possibility for his services. We wouldn't get much if anything back (cash or lower level prospect) but getting rid of that $33 mil over the next 2 years may be worth it.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
If the Sox are serious about Reyes then I don't think you trade for him this year, wait until the offseason and try to sign him. However for that to happen KW is going to have to unload 1-2 hefty contracts. I still think if Peavy comes back and pitches decently, the Yankees could be a possibility for his services. We wouldn't get much if anything back (cash or lower level prospect) but getting rid of that $33 mil over the next 2 years may be worth it.

They're not....no room in the payroll and Alexei is our ss of the future at this point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
They're not....no room in the payroll and Alexei is our ss of the future at this point.

I think it's a longshot too, however if the opportunity was there and you can get him, the Sox can move him to 2nd. He's better than Beckham will ever be and you can always try putting Beckham back at 3rd. Like I said though, this is a pipe dream.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)

I would go as far as to say that the Marlins will LIKELY trade Johnson.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
I would go as far as to say that the Marlins will LIKELY trade Johnson.

Johnson is signed through 2013 and they will be getting a new stadium next year. Hard to fathom they would trade one of the best young pitchers in baseball while trying to build a season ticket base for their new stadium.