Sox @ Los Angeles

Heads22

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Three hits in a row.................. WOW

Maybe it helps that I'm watching a rockumentary on VH1 classic. Feel like I'm watching a team of yesteryear

There's your runs, Edwin.

Don't E-JAX-ulate the lead away now, please.

Twins and Red Sox in a good one, tied in the 11th. Papelbon blew the lead after a controversial balk call moved the typing run to 3rd.

Lesson to opposing managers this year, don't pitch to Jason Kubel.

Edited by caulfield12

There's your runs, Edwin.

Don't E-JAX-ulate the lead away now, please.

He looks off tonight again. Has the makings of a high pitch count game by the 5th/6th inning. Getting behind on most counts.

** Maybe not **.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

They were really attacking Beckham with a steady diet of down and away sliders in that at-bat.

Jackson with one of his first fastballs this season at 97. Unfortunately, it resulted in a single. I've noticed a few swinging strikes on his slider, so that's encouraging. He has to throw sliders and changes to get them off that fastball. Seems we have the "good" Jackson for tonight.

We must have the biggest disparity in MLB history between our own percentage of caught stealing on the basepaths and the our percentage of throwing out opposing baserunners!!!!

Edited by caulfield12

Attaboy Carlos.

I like this offense tonight, not scoring all the runs in bunches but mounting consistent threats with back to back to back good AB's.

Encouraging.

And an AJ walk? What's the world coming to?

Back to the old Rios. Chasing offspeed stuff off the plate and high fastballs he can't catch up to because of his hand placement.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
It's amazing how we've gone from a struggling organization to the hottest team in baseball in the last 3 days.

two straight wins and a lead in the third does not the hottest make.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 10, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
It's amazing how we've gone from a struggling organization to the hottest team in baseball in the last 3 days.

Not you again :lolhitting :lolhitting

How were the games in Seattle?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)

Do you really feel 100% comfortable with this lead?

I feel a LOT better with Santos now, but he's not an option tonight, which makes things a lot scarier.

Hope they try Crain instead of Sale/Thornton for once.

BTW, where are all the Jackson haters??? Nasty sliders tonight the last 3 innings. This is his no-hit stuff, minus the high 90's fastball. He's let up a bit with that pitch in order to have more control.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
two straight wins and a lead in the third does not the hottest make.

Has any other team won more than 3 games in the last 3 days?

While at the games this weekend, I saw us doing the little things which make a difference and this team is jelling now better than it has at anytime this year.

It's time for all the naysayers to start believing once again and dump your big bowl of doomsday in the garbage can.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Do you really feel 100% comfortable with this lead?

I feel a LOT better with Santos now, but he's not an option tonight, which makes things a lot scarier.

Hope they try Crain instead of Sale/Thornton for once.

BTW, where are all the Jackson haters???

Thornton looked great in the first inning on Friday. As long as he's maxed out at 20-25 pitches, I have complete confidence in him once again. He should never go two innings and 40+ pitches though....I think Ozzie even learned that lesson in the first game at Seattle.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Has any other team won more than 3 games in the last 3 days?

While at the games this weekend, I saw us doing the little things which make a difference and this team is jelling now better than it has at anytime this year.

It's time for all the naysayers to start believing once again and dump your big bowl of doomsday in the garbage can.

If their fundamentals and mental mistakes that doomed this team Friday night can be limited, and Guillen prevented from losing games with managerial decision-making, we'll be fine.

The big question mark is at Oakland. It's one team we've always struggled with, almost as much as the Twins, but particularly on the road. If we take 2/3 out there, it will silence a lot of people. Then again, we're not facing Haren/Weaver/Anderson/Gio, only Cahill.

Peavy's start WED night will go a long ways toward determining the "state of the team" and how fans feel going forward.

Oh-oh, our normal bottom of the order has returned, thankfully Beckham's homer got us off to a positive start. Note to KW: Next time, try acquiring a leadoff hitter who has the possibility of improving instead of regressing in his career. Say, someone under 30?

Edited by caulfield12

I mis-read EJax on a couple of at bats cuz he was looking like it was gonna be a high pitch count game but he is doing really well. The slider is working well now. Let´s hope he can go into the 8th and just leave it to the BP to mop up. GO SOX!!