Chicago White Sox vs. Texas Rangers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Oh cmon.

Rios is not a good baseball hitter. He's proven that already in a Sox uniform.

He may have talent, but his eyes are s***. He will never realize his full physical potential because he cannot recognize pitches and react to them.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Oh cmon.

Rios is not a good baseball hitter. He's proven that already in a Sox uniform.

greg, you're not understanding me. From a pure talent standpoint, Rios is off the charts. The production doesn't come anywhere close to matching the talent. Juan Pierre has none. It's not surprising that he sucks. Get what I'm saying?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 04:24 AM)
greg, you're not understanding me. From a pure talent standpoint, Rios is off the charts. The production doesn't come anywhere close to matching the talent. Juan Pierre has none. It's not surprising that he sucks. Get what I'm saying?

Yeah I get it. I just don't even value Rios' talent as high as some Sox fans do.

He's hitting .197 through 152 at bats this season. He has 12 walks.

He has 108 homers in seven seasons with 155 stolen bases. So he hits 15-20 homers a year and steals 25 or so bases.

He's OK. He had a pretty good year for the sox last year.

He's definitely not an elite baseball player. Definitely not worth that contract.

I don't know who I'd compare him to.

I was gonna say Ellis Burks, but Burks was a much better hitter now that I look at his stats.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Yeah I get it. I just don't even value Rios' talent as high as some Sox fans do.

He's hitting .197 through 152 at bats this season. He has 12 walks.

He has 108 homers in seven seasons with 155 stolen bases. So he hits 15-20 homers a year and steals 25 or so bases.

He's OK. He had a pretty good year for the sox last year.

He's definitely not an elite baseball player. Definitely not worth that contract.

I don't know who I'd compare him to.

I was gonna say Ellis Burks, but Burks was a much better hitter now that I look at his stats.

He's a frustrating player to watch. He has not (and may not) lived up to his talent in a White Sox uniform. He will most likely go down as one of those could-have, should-have players. And I agree that if he can't live up to his talent, then it doesn't matter if he should be as good as BJ Upton. What matters is how good he actually is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 17, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)

Remember that Burks's stats exploded in the middle of the steroid era while playing at Coors field. If we saw a guy go from hitting 17 HR when he was 28, miss parts of 2 seasons, then suddenly hit 40 HR at age 30 today, he'd get the Bautista whispers.