Why not? The official "Alex Rios Sucks" Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
So you aren't being clever in the least. It's actually quite the opposite.

Instant outrage at any post made without white and black pom-poms seems to be popular right now in the off-chance that the White Sox repeat their historic comeback of 2010... you know, when they still missed the playoffs by 6 games!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was excited when the Sox made the waiver claim on Rios, I fully support this thread. Even last year, his ridiculous May overshadowed the fact he really wasn't that good overall. That was the only month he even had an OPS of over .800.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Instant outrage at any post made without white and black pom-poms seems to be popular right now in the off-chance that the White Sox repeat their historic comeback of 2010... you know, when they still missed the playoffs by 6 games!

Haha, exactly. I don't know why people fear change so much. This team under this management put together by this front office is not cutting it. I don't know why that is so hard to understand. Changes must be made.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

2005, and I get that, I really do. However, as I so eloquently stated in a thread about three weeks ago, my 5-year free pass expired and now I want people held accountable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
2005, and I get that, I really do. However, as I so eloquently stated in a thread about three weeks ago, my 5-year free pass expired and now I want people held accountable.

That's the obvious reason, yes. It's the first one that any of us has ever seen. So, maybe it's like the first girlfriend/the first girl you nailed. You waited so long and someone finally came around and brought you to the promised land. You're so grateful and you'd do anything for her. Now it's years later and things are obviously not working out. You've both let yourselves go, and neither of you is even trying anymore. You are still nostalgic for the way things were, but it obviously isn't going to happen anymore. And even though you want to keep things going, you know the best thing to do is to move on.

About right?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
That's the obvious reason, yes. It's the first one that any of us has ever seen. So, maybe it's like the first girlfriend/the first girl you nailed. You waited so long and someone finally came around and brought you to the promised land. You're so grateful and you'd do anything for her. Now it's years later and things are obviously not working out. You've both let yourselves go, and neither of you is even trying anymore. You are still nostalgic for the way things were, but it obviously isn't going to happen anymore. And even though you want to keep things going, you know the best thing to do is to move on.

About right?

:notworthy

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
As someone who was excited when the Sox made the waiver claim on Rios, I fully support this thread. Even last year, his ridiculous May overshadowed the fact he really wasn't that good overall. That was the only month he even had an OPS of over .800.

Closest thing we have to .800 is Dunn's weight

About right?

Why do you have to make sense?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
:notworthy

QUOTE (onedude @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Why do you have to make sense?

;)

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Closest thing we have to .800 is Dunn's weight

:snr

(That's supposed to be a rimshot)

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Because I'm a fan of the team.

It's laughable that someone would take that stance, as I'd be berated to no end for not being a fan if I decided that I wasn't going to watch games anymore.

It's a no-win situation. I guess I should just become an optimist, and then everyone will agree with me.

I'd have more respect for a person who didn't subject themselves to "certian" failure. Hell after Nelson Cruz went yard last night, I turned the game off and worked on cleaning out my DVR.

About right?

That's the definition of irony right there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
I'd have more respect for a person who didn't subject themselves to "certian" failure. Hell after Nelson Cruz went yard last night, I turned the game off and worked on cleaning out my DVR.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
That's the definition of irony right there.

So, you're saying that a fan should just stop watching or supporting a team because the team isn't doing well and/or the fan knows that they won't be doing well?

I have ZERO FAITH that this organization could build up amazing young minor league talent the way it's set up now.

I also have very little faith that if KW wanted to blow this team up this year the trades he would make would net the Sox anyone good (or if it did they'd just mess them up anyway)

I prefer the large-ish payroll way of doing things but with a different GM and different manager. Because when has the team built mostly on an amazing farm system actually WON the World Series in recent years? I know the Twins made the playoffs so much with mostly homegrown talent, but we see how far it gets them in the playoffs. Same with the early decade A's.

I don't want the Sox to become the Pirates and the Royals. Grabbing number one draft picks year in year out for 20 years....and still nothing to show for it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
So, you're saying that a fan should just stop watching or supporting a team because the team isn't doing well and/or the fan knows that they won't be doing well?

What you're doing is the equivalent of calling her every night and asking her "Why are you doing this to me? Why, why, why, why, why? Why can't you just love me? Please? Please?"

And trust me, no one would berate you if you chose to not follow the team closely this year, given your obvious displeasure with the entire roster, the manager, the general manager, the owner, the ball boys, the catering staff, the custodial staff, the valet guys, the mid-office personnel, the back office personnel, the rest of the front office personnel not yet mentioned, the minor league development staff, the minor league hitting instructors, the minor league pitching instructors, our regional scouts, our international scouts, and our beer vendors.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
What you're doing is the equivalent of calling her every night and asking her "Why are you doing this to me? Why, why, why, why, why? Why can't you just love me? Please? Please?"

And trust me, no one would berate you if you chose to not follow the team closely this year, given your obvious displeasure with the entire roster, the manager, the general manager, the owner, the ball boys, the catering staff, the custodial staff, the valet guys, the mid-office personnel, the back office personnel, the rest of the front office personnel not yet mentioned, the minor league development staff, the minor league hitting instructors, the minor league pitching instructors, our regional scouts, our international scouts, and our beer vendors.

Well, I picture myself more as the friend who is trying to convince his buddy that he needs to break it off.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 24, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
Wow, I can't even imagine the b****ing on this website if we were to rebuild. We would be terrible for years to come with no guarantee of this amazing future everyone associates with rebuilding.

We're better off going for the division and hoping to maintain our large payroll. That's really the only way to compensate for our bad minor league system and have a chance of competing.

I'm not prepared to be the Pittsburgh Pirates for the next seven years. Remember, we won't go over slot, don't have much of a presence in Latin America, and don't have enough tradable assets to replenish our system. We'd have to suck Pirates style to get the young talent to needed to successfully complete a rebuild.

You say we're better off going for the division and hoping to maintain payroll.

Who's going for the division? This team has been out of it almost the entire season and has shown no signs of being a division contender unless for some reason we have Cleveland's number and beat them all year. I mean win almost every game against them.

We still can't beat the Twins head to head and have only played them twice. They will dominate us again this year. We can't beat Det. We'll go .500 at best vs. KC.

Sox are toast, so why not dump salary???

Try something different and that means dumping Rios, Peavy, Dunn, Mark or Jackson and AJP.

Start the reloading now.

Dump as much salary as you can.

Edited by greg775

Oops I forgot in my long post.

Yes Rios sucks.

He's so bad. Please trade him.

Although he's not as bad as Dunn. Rios actually has contributed to a win or two as I recall.

Dunn has done nothing positive.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
You say we're better off going for the division and hoping to maintain payroll.

Who's going for the division? This team has been out of it almost the entire season and has shown no signs of being a division contender unless for some reason we have Cleveland's number and beat them all year. I mean win almost every game against them.

We still can't beat the Twins head to head and have only played them twice. They will dominate us again this year. We can't beat Det. We'll go .500 at best vs. KC.

Sox are toast, so why not dump salary???

Try something different and that means dumping Rios, Peavy, Dunn, Mark or Jackson and AJP.

Start the reloading now.

Dump as much salary as you can.

NO ONE WANTS THE SALARY OF THOSE PLAYERS.