AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Heads22

That was one heck of a catch by the Stealth Elf. What else can he do to win a spot in the everyday lineup? He's hit decently and with surprising power. He provides speed and who knew how good he'd be defensively in the outfield? LF, CF, RF...doesn't matter where, he's been a stud out there.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 03:42 AM)
win tomorrow and it's a 6-4 home stand, lose it's 5-5.

A 5-5 homestand would be laughable. 6-4 at least it's over .500.

Get it done, Sox. Oakland is a s***ty team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
A 5-5 homestand would be laughable. 6-4 at least it's over .500.

Get it done, Sox. Oakland is a s***ty team.

Laughable maybe at first. Then you stop and realize we faced Verlander/Pineda/Felix/Vargas/Cahill/Gio and it isn't so bad.

Obviously we also faced Oliver/Penny/Godfrey and tomorrow Moscoso...but damn, that is probably 5 of the top 25 SP's in the AL thus far this year right there...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)
The goal is to get to .500 and then blow right by it. Not to recover from deflating losses and still remain under .500.

Just making a mention, but didn't you just say yesterday "When was the last time this team actually won after a deflating loss like this?".

Maybe it wasn't you, but someone said it last night.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
The goal is to get to .500 and then blow right by it. Not to recover from deflating losses and still remain under .500.

Couldn't agree more.

But last I checked, recovering from "despicable" losses was a good thing. We've done it fairly well this year, despite your insistence to the contrary.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Just making a mention, but didn't you just say yesterday "When was the last time this team actually won after a deflating loss like this?".

This despite the fact that Fathom pointed out we won after the loss to the Rays and after the loss to the Dodgers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
This despite the fact that Fathom pointed out we won after the loss to the Rays and after the loss to the Dodgers.

This team has actually bounced back well all year long. The only time they didn't was the first A's blown save and that's when they went on to lose like 40 of their next 41.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)

That was me. But I meant to go on and win the division. Last night's loss brought back memories of the Jenks debacle in Minny last year. We were never the same after that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
I got to talk to Minnie Minoso, was told me and my parents are "his family" and told to call him next time were at a game.

And Lillibridge is a badass.

He used to bring his grandkids to Sluggers some 10+ years ago -- where I hung out with them one time. Perhaps it's why he's the only Sox on their wall mural.

Just got back from the game, Brent f***ing Lillibridge, wow. At this point, there is no excuse to not have him in the lineup 4-5 days a week, playing wherever, he has earned it. Good to see the team bounce back from a bad loss, and get a W. Two straight Ws for Danks, watch out.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
You got Minnie's number? You dog, you.

Hah.

It's because his son works with my dad, so he arranged to meet him and I needed to call him to tell him we were on our way.

Reinsdorf and Hawk were also about 5 feet from me.