2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Two guys I'm hoping to see the Hawks sign tomorrow are Cole and Madden.

I like our chances of signing Cole. I think the Hawks definitely have interest. Don't see them going for any more d-men unless they can't ink Campoli.

Names that keep getting thrown around include Max Talbot and Mike Rupp. Here's one I'm throwing out: Simon Gagne. Apparently he's going to come pretty cheap.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
I like our chances of signing Cole. I think the Hawks definitely have interest. Don't see them going for any more d-men unless they can't ink Campoli.

Names that keep getting thrown around include Max Talbot and Mike Rupp. Here's one I'm throwing out: Simon Gagne. Apparently he's going to come pretty cheap.

I actually think Sopel comes back on the cheap. The defense 1-6 is set, but then you have John Scott as your #7 and I would think the Hawks want more stability at the position in case of injury. (not buying the whole "Scott needs more playing time," though I hope I'm right) And I don't know about Gagne. Dude is literally one hit away from a career ender with all his concussion problems/history. Might as well sign a more talented player like Tim Connolly as a #2 center if thats the case.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Two guys I'm hoping to see the Hawks sign tomorrow are Cole and Madden.

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Canes can't reach agreement with Cole after 3 days of talk. Sounds like he's going to market but willing to give Car last look.

Stole from some dudes post on committed indians..

Campbell ($7.1 mil): 5 G, 22 A, + 28, 6 PIM, 84 SOG, 28 Hits, 101 Blocks

Montador ($2.75 mil): 5 G, 21 A, +16, 83 PIM, 118 SOG, 86 Hits, 138 Blocks

Almost identical production, still a great +/-, more shots, more hits, more blocks, and for more than $4 million less! Montador did play 8 more games than Campbell this past season, but even still, I'd say this is an absolutely GREAT move by Bowman.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Stole from some dudes post on committed indians..

Campbell ($7.1 mil): 5 G, 22 A, + 28, 6 PIM, 84 SOG, 28 Hits, 101 Blocks

Montador ($2.75 mil): 5 G, 21 A, +16, 83 PIM, 118 SOG, 86 Hits, 138 Blocks

Almost identical production, still a great +/-, more shots, more hits, more blocks, and for more than $4 million less! Montador did play 8 more games than Campbell this past season, but even still, I'd say this is an absolutely GREAT move by Bowman.

Yeah, I'm shocked at how much Cambell's production tailed off. Missing 13 games each year never helps.

CHICAGO SUN-TIMES/CHICAGO DAILY HERALD: reports the Blackhawks, having re-signed defenseman Steve Montador, are now focused on adding role players. They’re also in talks with RFA Michael Frolik and Viktor Stalberg.

As expected. It should be interesting to see whom we covet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
Two hours... boy oh boy are some awful contracts going to be handed out today.

Like this one:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Confirming James Wisniewski to CBJ for 6 years at $33M.

Damnit! You beat me to it Steve

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Confirming James Wisniewski to CBJ for 6 years at $33M.

Oh to be an NHL free agent this offseason. That is just stupid money for Wiz.

WTF? s***, Campbells contract even doesn't look that bad in comparison.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
As predicted. The free agent class is rather weak and teams need to find that salary floor. I think it's best the Blackhawks avoid going after anyone, really.

Agreed. Better to try kids at positions of need first and have cash at hand for the trade deadline (or before).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Agreed. Better to try kids at positions of need first and have cash at hand for the trade deadline (or before).

yeah, I am fine with that if this is what the market looks like. We just dumped Soupy. No need to replace him with an equally bad, or worse, deal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Confirming James Wisniewski to CBJ for 6 years at $33M.

Oh to be an NHL free agent this offseason. That is just stupid money for Wiz.

And to add...

Aportzline Aaron Portzline by TimSassone

Wisniewski's deal has a no-movement clause and a modified no-trade clause after first two seasons.

19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply