White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
I don't need to see the replay. The "getting to the ball" aspect of things isn't the issue here at all. He got to that ball in plenty of time to make an easy catch. It's the "how does a Major Leaguer get to a ball in plenty of time and then let it hit off the heel of his mitt" that, to me, is both the issue and the frustrating aspect of that particular play. That particular play, I might add, which isn't even a factor in this ballgame in the least bit.

The Rockie announcers commented that he appeared lackadasical in the way he looked the ball into the glove. And, to my eye, he didn't put himself into a very good position in the first place, by being content with just getting to the ball. He didn't have to end up reaching like he did. And Ozzie did not look happy after the drop.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:07 AM)
Uh oh, man on base one out.

Plays like that often haunt our team which plays SO many close games.

Very nice effort by Beckham, but I question the first pitch fastball to the lefty.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
Very nice effort by Beckham, but I question the first pitch fastball to the lefty.

I wasn't trying to bag on Beckham. I meant a close play like that (and it was close) could kill us ultimately.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:15 AM)
Ugg, Beckham with horrible little pop to short. One out. Failed at bat vs. a lefty.

Face it, this lineup has so little fire power, if it's not Konerko, Quentin or Ramirez that hit a bomb, then it's going to be hard to score a run on one swing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Blown away by 89 mph fastballs. Seems like he's hitting off his back foot. It really baffles me how screwed up he is mechanically at the plate.

I wish he would go back to concentrating on going the other way. The Rockies have zero walk off victories this year.