White Sox vs Cubs First Pitch 3:10 CT

Kyyle23

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Ah, so it is truly just an unsubstantiated opinion... not based in stats... I thought you had some sort of insight into his numbers that made you have that opinion.

No, I could use stats as well. But do you believe in the stats? I know Hawk doesn't. Give him the guy with 15 wins and ERA over 5 over the guy with 8 wins and an ERA under 3.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Go sit about 25 rows back in the 200 section. Unless you are watching the TVs you can't see the ball in the air

I haven't been to that dump since the early 70's (*shudders*) but I seem to remember that.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Wrong.

??

i sat up behind home plate and had to lean to the left or right just to see the pitcher on the mound. Could never see the ball up in the air. Add to that, there's always at least 3 vendors walking up and down the aisles AT ALL TIMES.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
You can make the argument the other way though for most his career. I mean, he was the No. 3 overall pick for a reason.

Luke Hochaver was the #1 pick and he sucks. Like I said, if you believe in pitcher peripherals, which I obviously do, then you can see Humber is not a true sub-.3.00 ERA, sub-1.00 WHIP caliber of pitcher. And the eye test works as well. It's not all about stats. But Humber is gettin' it done, be it luck or whatever. That's all that matters. For now, anyway.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Luke Hochaver was the #1 pick and he sucks. Like I said, if you believe in pitcher peripherals, which I obviously do, then you can see Humber is not a true sub-.3.00 ERA, sub-1.00 WHIP caliber of pitcher. And the eye test works as well. It's not all about stats. But Humber is gettin' it done, be it luck or whatever. That's all that matters. For now, anyway.

I mean if that's all we get out of him I'll take it. Cuz look at our 2005 bullpen...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)

I think it's clear Humber has turned a corner. Now, I don't think he will be a sub-3.00 ERA guy, but he should be mid-rotation type for this team for the foreseeable future.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

Not a real sub-3.00 ERA pitcher? Are you saying he's a fluke? I don't get it. He's got a 2.69 ERA. I'd say that's true enough for me.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Not a real sub-3.00 ERA pitcher? Are you saying he's a fluke? I don't get it. He's got a 2.69 ERA. I'd say that's true enough for me.

Everyone always doubts on BABIP as a stat, but it still says he's due for a bad game or two.