AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Balta1701

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Only got to see the bottom of the 9th today, but what a great job by Thornton after Humber continued to be the man. I have such confidence in Beckham's defense now, it's crazy.

And Humberto didn't s*** the lead away after 90 pitches!

Phillip. AGS.Humber.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Huge props to Coop for Humber, but you can't teach heart. Phil battled all day. He's the story of the first half.

Kind of like Garcia last year.

But Humber has been much better statistically.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
Only got to see the bottom of the 9th today, but what a great job by Thornton after Humber continued to be the man. I have such confidence in Beckham's defense now, it's crazy.

a pregame graphic stated that Beckham has the best fielding percentage among second baseman. And he proved it multiple times

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
a pregame graphic stated that Beckham has the best fielding percentage among second baseman. And he proved it multiple times

And not just sheer percentage (because that makes Rios look very good this year), but turning the double plays more quickly (saved the game earlier this week), stopping balls from getting to the outfield...his range is arguably the best of any 2B in the AL right now.

He's also gotten better at balls hit towards the bag or up the middle.

Ramirez has made his typical 2008/2009 "lackadaisical" errors, but it's hard to argue there's a better defensive infield right now with Morel also picking it up after a rough start...and Omar Vizquel in reserve.

You'd like to think that having Omar around has rubbed off positively on both Alexei and Gordon.

And a 700 OPS 2B isn't anything to sneeze about. We need to readjust that expectation of him putting up 850-875 every season. Not with offense down like this all around baseball.

Edited by caulfield12

Couldn't catch the game today... but once i got the opportunity to check out the score, just blew me away how Humber has held his ground since the start of the season. Its amazing how this guy has been perhaps our team MVP, some votes go to PK but I believe Humber has been our best. Still not encourage by the offensive input, but Garza is a good pitcher, lets hope they ride the wave to the ASG and after.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)

The sox as a team have the best fielding percentage in the AL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Well things might just change for Gordo now...

David Schuster

Gordon Beckham said, "I've never turned a double play in my life that I had my foot on the bag"...........WHAT?

That was an odd quote for sure. Maybe there was a huge smile on his face and it was sarcastic