From "ALL IN" to ALL DUNN!!!!!!!

soxfan72

Adam DUNNG needs to shave his legs and wear a skirt next time he goes to the plate. .163 average is still trending lower. This guy is a nightmare and he is killing my team. And Alex "the loaf" Rios hitting .214!!!!

Blow this thing up!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that they can't.

Although I don't think sitting Dunn for a couple of weeks or mystery DL'ing him for Viciedo is going to ruin him for the next 3 contract years as Rongey would argue.

If anything, struggling like he is right now might have more drastic long-term consequences than sitting him for 15 days.

I think he's the worst everyday player in baseball.

Can he turn it around? Dunn(o).

Rios? Has the reputation as a guy who doesn't care. He has done very little as a White Sox.

Edited by greg775

Paint It Black - "The recent Adam Dunn derp posts from the newbies are about as equal to tea party comments you see on news articles. Not creative, no substance, and lot's of exclamation points."

The FAIL is strong with this post. Been a Sox fan for 38 years pal. As far as the Tea Party is concerned, not interested in your libtard comments either. Have a nice day.

Edited by soxfan72

QUOTE (soxfan72 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
The FAIL is strong with this post. Been a Sox fan for 38 years pal. As far as the Tea Party is concerned, not interested in your libtard comments either. Have a nice day.

Back it down and stop the insults.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
Back it down and stop the insults.

Sorry, guess I should be ok with being called a "derp newbie" even though I've been here 3 years longer than the poster who made that insult and crapped all over this thread. Just wonderful.

Can we get back to Dunn being the worst I've ever seen at the MLB level?

Edited by soxfan72

QUOTE (soxfan72 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:15 AM)
Sorry, guess I should be ok with being called a "deep newbie" even though I've been here 3 years longer than the poster who made that insult and crapped all over this thread. Just wonderful.

Unless you quoted the wrong poster, I don't read any of that in Caulfield's post.

He is right you know. It is nearly impossible to dump those salaries without divesting the minors and sending big piles of cash..

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
Unless you quoted the wrong poster, I don't read any of that in Caulfield's post.

He is right you know. It is nearly impossible to dump those salaries without divesting the minors and sending big piles of cash..

I don't think you'd want my comments on the Tea Party!

Tempting, but a pass.

Confused about who he was actually replying to as well.

Libtard is a new phrase for my lexicon, though. It sounds more like libertarian...than "tard" combined with Liberal. I think we might have another mini-issue on our hands with the phrase "tard" derived from retarded, but best to fight another battle.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)

See Paint It Black's post. Anyway, I suppose we need to swallow hard and accept it. If the twins biatch slap us again in this series it is over. CSN put up a statistic today which had the Cubs and the Sox as the number one and number two worst records against division opponents. If Dunn and a couple of others don't snap out of this it's time to think about football.

If the Twins pass us in the standings it is over for 2011. We might as well punt. William's luck has run out. The Manny Ramirez deal was it for me.

Edited by soxfan72

The fact is the Sox are hitting .177 in five games against the Twins this season. And the middle of the lineup was inept again, making the No. 3 through 6 hitters 0-for-28 in the last two games.

"I will be behind those guys and support them and be positive with them until the day I can't anymore," manager Ozzie Guillen said of his high-priced lineup, which includes the .163-hitting Adam Dunn and his 113 strikeouts.

"We just can't get it done," he said. "The reason is … I don't know the reason."

But Thursday's game can be blamed on more than the offense, as Philip Humber — talked about as an All-Star replacement before the game — made his shortest and most ineffective start of the season.

The 11 hits in 3 2/3 innings were out of character for Humber, who had gone 6-1 with a 2.52 ERA in his previous 10 games.

"That's the first time I saw him (really) struggle," Guillen said. "I can erase this game for him. Everybody has a bad game. He's been great for us all year."

chicagotribune.com/sports

I was at Monday's game. My friends and I agreed NOT to boo Dunn when he came to the plate, but rather to cross our fingers and send this guy some (much needed) positive thoughts. We all went WILD when he got the base hit, and they might as well have clinched the division when he hit the homerun because the Cell went CRAZY. "Finally!" we thought, "A chance to turn it around."

And then... we woke up. And it's right back to terrible.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook, maybe cause i'm stubborn by nature and I'm not one to give up, but COME ON ALREADY.

I'm new to the board and I'm happy to be here. Misery loves company, I guess.

QUOTE (soxfan72 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 05:15 AM)
Sorry, guess I should be ok with being called a "derp newbie" even though I've been here 3 years longer than the poster who made that insult and crapped all over this thread. Just wonderful.

Can we get back to Dunn being the worst I've ever seen at the MLB level?

How could you be here 3 years and not post? I'd have no fingernails or hair left by pulling them out.

Speak up, man (joke).

We just never really got going. That mini streak where we just hit .500 is just about as good as it is gonna get. I don't see us even being an over .500 team to be honest. Not with this many issues. Rios will continue to be Rios and is a wash. Ain't nobody gonna eat that contract unless we take an equally bad contract back. Luck in MLB has run its course with the Blue Jays unloading their garbage contracts on us and the Angels (with Wells although I think they kicked in some cash or players). I don't think lightning in a bottle will strike again and we can unload Rios on somebody. If I am not mistaken the only thing we can do is put him through waivers and see if somebody nibbles. My hope would be some desperate NL team with a friendly hitter park (if that even exists). As far Dunn I read in another post someone mentioning him to retire. If we got so miraculously lucky at the end of the year and he finshed with an I dunno .175 BA do MLB rules allow us to get out of the contract if he retired? This one would be for Kalapse or someone like that who know some of the financial rules I think.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

I thought Corpse Ball circa 2009 - 2010 was as low as we'd go but WOW - talk about a HUGE disappointment of a team in 2011. All my hopes for a winning team this year are gone. From here on out I'll be watching from the perspective of changes for 2012 - both with an eye to the players and management staff.

If no changes are made after the break - KW will be necessary to go. Ozzie should go already based on his handling of the team thus far... It's just embarrassing.

I'll always bleed black and white and will forever watch every flipping game - but I have ZERO hope.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:59 AM)
I was at Monday's game. My friends and I agreed NOT to boo Dunn when he came to the plate, but rather to cross our fingers and send this guy some (much needed) positive thoughts. We all went WILD when he got the base hit, and they might as well have clinched the division when he hit the homerun because the Cell went CRAZY. "Finally!" we thought, "A chance to turn it around."

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook, maybe cause i'm stubborn by nature and I'm not one to give up, but COME ON ALREADY.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 06:49 AM)
I thought Corpse Ball circa 2009 - 2010 was as low as we'd go but WOW - talk about a HUGE disappointment of a team in 2011. All my hopes for a winning team this year are gone. From here on out I'll be watching from the perspective of changes for 2012 - both with an eye to the players and management staff.

If no changes are made after the break - KW will be necessary to go. Ozzie should go already based on his handling of the team thus far... It's just embarrassing.

I'll always bleed black and white and will forever watch every flipping game - but I have ZERO hope.

1.) Awesome post. Dunn is right back in the tank after the one decent game.

2.) You may be feeling black and blue after this series. Let's just hope after we lose 3 of 4 or more likely all 4 the firesale begins and changes begin fast and furious.

It's very sad we didn't bring Viciedo up for this series or make any changes besides batting Omar second and Dunn one slot lower. We're basically conceding the series again.

I agree with your take on Oz and KW. At the all star break, it's a fair time for KW and Oz and Jerry to deem All In a failure. If no changes are made, KW should be axed. And you are right, Oz should go. He'll be Florida manager next season. That's obvious.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
We just never really got going. That mini streak where we just hit .500 is just about as good as it is gonna get. I don't see us even being an over .500 team to be honest. Not with this many issues. Rios will continue to be Rios and is a wash. Ain't nobody gonna eat that contract unless we take an equally bad contract back. Luck in MLB has run its course with the Blue Jays unloading their garbage contracts on us and the Angels (with Wells although I think they kicked in some cash or players). I don't think lightning in a bottle will strike again and we can unload Rios on somebody. If I am not mistaken the only thing we can do is put him through waivers and see if somebody nibbles. My hope would be some desperate NL team with a friendly hitter park (if that even exists). As far Dunn I read in another post someone mentioning him to retire. If we got so miraculously lucky at the end of the year and he finshed with an I dunno .175 BA do MLB rules allow us to get out of the contract if he retired? This one would be for Kalapse or someone like that who know some of the financial rules I think.

If he retired, we'd be off the hook.

Gil Meche retired and left a ton of money on the table with his Royals' contract, but he didn't feel he deserved it (after being sidelined with a set of injuries for the 2nd or 3rd time in his career) and he wanted to reward KC for believing in him in the first place. By all rights, he could have stayed on the DL and continued collecting checks until the contact expired.

Edited by caulfield12

This team is sooo frusterating. We have pleanty of pitching. But our offense has underachieved for over 3 months. When will someone be held accountable for Adam Dunn's and Alex Rios' horrible seasons? Obviously Greg Walker will never be fired, its obvious that Guillen is losing his passion for managing this team. Whatever happened to putting the best players out there on a given night? When Ozzie first started, he would never tolerate this crap. Now its almost as if he "has" to let Dunn and Rios play because of their contracts. Guys like Lillibridge and Viciedo would give us a much better chance to win over Rios and Dunn and yet- he isn't pulling the trigger on that move.

The AL central has also dominated us for the past year and a half. When you are trying to win a division, you NEED to play over .500 vs your division rivals. We are freakin 7-14 vs the central this year. Last year we were 32-40. That is garbage. We are not going to win this division or let alone come close to making the playoffs being dominated by our own weak division like we are.

What do i want to happen? Make some moves! Bench guys! Bring up Viciedo. Let Lillybridge spend more time our in CF. Make some trades, starting thinking about the future. Obviously we are stuck with guys like Dunn and Rios. But we can definitley get some value back for guys like Edwin Jackson and Carlos Quentin.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:19 AM)
This team is sooo frusterating. We have pleanty of pitching. But our offense has underachieved for over 3 months. When will someone be held accountable for Adam Dunn's and Alex Rios' horrible seasons? Obviously Greg Walker will never be fired, its obvious that Guillen is losing his passion for managing this team. Whatever happened to putting the best players out there on a given night? When Ozzie first started, he would never tolerate this crap. Now its almost as if he "has" to let Dunn and Rios play because of their contracts. Guys like Lillibridge and Viciedo would give us a much better chance to win over Rios and Dunn and yet- he isn't pulling the trigger on that move.

The AL central has also dominated us for the past year and a half. When you are trying to win a division, you NEED to play over .500 vs your division rivals. We are freakin 7-14 vs the central this year. Last year we were 32-40. That is garbage. We are not going to win this division or let alone come close to making the playoffs being dominated by our own weak division like we are.

What do i want to happen? Make some moves! Bench guys! Bring up Viciedo. Let Lillybridge spend more time our in CF. Make some trades, starting thinking about the future. Obviously we are stuck with guys like Dunn and Rios. But we can definitley get some value back for guys like Edwin Jackson and Carlos Quentin.

Agree with most of what you're saying, except the ship has already sailed on Lillibridge as an everyday player.

He can't hit RHP to save his life recently, his swing is getting longer and longer and he's just not making any contact with RISP (3 bases loaded situations come to mind right off the top of my head). He needs to learn how to be a contact hitter and use that speed to his advantage, but he's looking more and more like the adoped progeny of Elijah Wood and Chris Getz yet with a much bigger bat (it seriously is almost as tall as him!) and swing the last 2-3 weeks.

You can get away with Lilly platooning against LHP with DeAza playing against righties. That's the best countermove we have to make for Rios at the current moment.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:59 AM)

I am with you. No one could have seen ahead of time or called the dismal collapse of Adam Dunn. You still have to believe he will turn it around. Maybe the All-Star break will help him get his head straight. It has to be a zen thing (whatever that is-but it sounded good) and not a physical failure or suden demise of his athletic skill. Rios is another story. He is making a lot of money and in my opinion Toronto gave him that contract based on one real good year. We got a good one from him last season and that makes me believe he can produce-if he really wants too

It's a very frustrating time right now. The team is by no means out of it (if you just look at the standings), but we have no confidence in them doing anything. The fact that this team can't beat KC and the Twins at home will make it very difficult to win the division. I'm almost to the point, no I am at the point, where I'd be more excited seeing some of the "kids" playing. Rios needs to go away. I like Dunn, but he can't hit a baseball to save his life right now.

Seasons like this one is why God invented beer.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff