Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Amazing...four days ago, I was feeling optimistic.

This team is toast.

Likewise. I didn't like what I was seeing but was encouraged by some things. I still had hope. It's gone......again. I want them to lose now. Eventually, changes will have to be made, won't they?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want them to lose, I just dont see how they can win unless this is some sort of joke on the fans and they are going to start playing for reals after the All-Star game.

Its just a strange season. Maybe Reinsdorf over spent on a crappy product so that fans would actually be rooting for him to slash salary. If hes that clever, good for him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Why did Ozzie do something strange in the 4th? Because hes Ozzie. I honestly feel hes cost us a significant amount of games, but it seems like nothing is changing. Not even sure what they should do, Id trade a bunch of guys, get rid of coaches and see what happens. Probably still be around 500 but at least not annoying.

You're still stuck with KW who manged a lousy farm system, taking risks on bad players, made a lot of bad trades, ect.

I feel like we are the Oakland Raiders of MLB.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Amazing...four days ago, I was feeling optimistic.

This team is toast.

It's just history repeating itself. This team has chemistry except it's bad chemistry. Funny how in 2005 you had a lot of new players and it worked. Maybe too many of these guys have been together too long.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Its just a strange season. Maybe Reinsdorf over spent on a crappy product so that fans would actually be rooting for him to slash salary. If hes that clever, good for him.

I like that analogy. Too bad the minors suck so you have to spend money.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Id let the new manager select his coaches, if he wanted coop, baines, walker or whatever Id let them make that choice. new coach, he gets to choose his staff, im not getting involved.

Hell to the no!!!! I still think their stagnancy is part of the problem. The all go!

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
You're still stuck with KW who manged a lousy farm system, taking risks on bad players, made a lot of bad trades, ect.

I feel like we are the Oakland Raiders of MLB.

Kenny's dream job. No wonder why it's so bad.

It really is the worst being a fan of a bad veteran team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
Don't like the report that D. Boston and Edwin Jackson were in the dugout at the end of the game joking around and laughing. Not when you've just lost 30 out of 37 games to your main rival.

If that's really the case...there's a big problem down there. Seriously...unexceptable!!!

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I like that analogy. Too bad the minors suck so you have to spend money.

Not really.

DeAza/Lillibridge (Danks and Milledge can all figure in if you dump Rios, although the odds of that are 5%) for LF and leadoff, Viciedo replaces Quentin. AJ is traded to make way for Flowers or we acquire a younger/cheaper prospect.

Sale and acquired prospects added to the back end of the rotation. Santos might be the only one you keep out of the entire pen if you can get anything back for them.

Ramirez might even be traded in that scenario.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
If that's really the case...there's a big problem down there. Seriously...unexceptable!!!

That was 100% the case, I saw it with my own eyes on TV after the final out. These guys don't care, they still get paid. We shouldn't be so naive to think this team really cares, their checks still come on the 1st and the 15th. And you know thats all Ozzie cares about since that's all the clown talks about 90% of the time.

The whole act is getting old, and changes need to be made where we can start to become respectable again.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
Id be fine with just getting rid of Ozzie and giving all the players a fresh start to prove that they deserve to be on the team.

If they dont shape up, anyone I could move would be gone.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Kenny has to go. I wish he'd quit now, and just let Hahn handle the rebuild.

Ugh, maybe give the players a week. If Oz and KW get fired on Monday, let the current team play Detroit WITH Dayan. If the team gets owned again, then start trading everybody that isn't a starting pitcher.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:34 AM)
I honestly, SERIOUSLY feel that we might not win a single game vs. the Twins this season, and I don't think I'm being dramatic, either.

The law of averages suggests we go 2-17. Though I really can't see a scenario in which we win a game.

Do we play 'em 19 times? I'll go with 2-17.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
That was 100% the case, I saw it with my own eyes on TV after the final out.

WOW!!!! Completely unexceptable!!!!! Hope Kenny or Jerry saw it...now I'm even more pissed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
Don't like the report that D. Boston and Edwin Jackson were in the dugout at the end of the game joking around and laughing. Not when you've just lost 30 out of 37 games to your main rival.

They absolutely WERE laughing and joking as they left the railing and headed inside. I saw it and my immediate reaction was to throw the remote at the screen. I'm so pissed at myself for falling for this crap AGAIN.