• Cooper fired (lulz)
    • Someone resigns
    • Nothing happens
    • Unicorns appear on the south side, fart glitter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
Just by watching how they play and nothing else, free weed might do the job.

You mean to tell me that they all don't CURRENTLY smoke bong load after bong load before games?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
If these things are true, I don't know why Kenny Williams sticks around. He has no power to fire his manager, and he can't even fire a coach? Why bother? His ego is the only reasonable answer, but that could work both ways.

If JR would let KW fire a coach, I wonder if he would fire Cora thinking it might prompt Ozzie to quit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 07:45 AM)
That would just be the dumbest way to run a franchise I could possibly conceive of.

Why? To me, it's get rid of Ozzie at all costs. If firing Cora meant that Ozzie would retire and possibly avoid the s***show you KNOW would be coming if he got canned, I'd do it.

OSWALDO DELENDA EST!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Why? To me, it's get rid of Ozzie at all costs. If firing Cora meant that Ozzie would retire and possibly avoid the s***show you KNOW would be coming if he got canned, I'd do it.

OSWALDO DELENDA EST!

Go to a game, and sit next to the dugout and call Ozzie a Cuban or Dominican. I bet that would work.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Agreed

Maybe Jerry feels like he's been burned on more than just one ocassion when he got rid of a good manager. And I'm not going to argue that Ozzie is a great manager and I'm all for a change at this point, just to try to see if it could potentially salvage what, on paper, looked like a promising season. However, Jerry has been burned in the past. Of course, I don't think that should stop Jerry from approving a decision. He's in a tough spot because I get the feeling if things go bad, he's going to want both guys out, so its hard for him to let Kenny call the shots to fire Ozzie and let Kenny stay in.

My guess is nothing will happen and if it doesn't happen today, it won't.