White Sox winna!!!

Balta1701

QUOTE (DukeofChicagoA1 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)
....Really? We won? Against a division team? Against Verlander? And we scored EIGHT runs? This is a huge accomplishment for our team wow.

8 runs and the key...none were on home runs...and had some 2 out rbis ...definite change from first half

8 runs and the key...none were on home runs...and had some 2 out rbis ...definite change from first half

Yup and 2 were in a 2 out RISP situation for Becks. Just poseted a fun poll to check out on his projected 2nd half stat line. Have fun!! :lolhitting :lolhitting

I hate to throw cold water on an upbeat post game thread, but Rios was O for 5 and left 7 men on base!!!!!

If any team wants one of our pitchers, they'd better agree to take that Rios contract in the deal.

I'm ready for a de Aza and Lillibridge platoon. And please, don't anyone dare post that "de Aza is not an everyday Major League hitter".

How do you know? Based upon what, his 164 AB's, when he was 23? And, who says Alex Rios is? I'd be shocked if de Aza put up numbers any worse than Rios has.

I'd take anywhere near de Aza's limited MLB production from last season over Rios, without even considering the money saved.

For me, the question isn't whether I'd prefer de Aza to Rios. The question is; what GM would be dumb enough to take him and that contract? Besides K. W.

Moreover, with de Aza in CF, you have your lead off hitter to replace Pierre. Then you have room for Viciedo.

Please someone, take Rios and put us all out of our misery!!!

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 04:34 AM)
I hate to throw cold water on an upbeat post game thread, but Rios was O for 5 and left 7 men on base!!!!!

If any team wants one of our pitchers, they'd better agree to take that Rios contract in the deal.

I'm ready for a de Aza and Lillibridge platoon. And please, don't anyone dare post that "de Aza is not an everyday Major League hitter".

How do you know? Based upon what, his 164 AB's, when he was 23? And, who says Alex Rios is? I'd be shocked if de Aza put up numbers any worse than Rios has.

I'd take anywhere near de Aza's limited MLB production from last season over Rios, without even considering the money saved.

For me, the question isn't whether I'd prefer de Aza to Rios. The question is; what GM would be dumb enough to take him and that contract? Besides K. W.

Moreover, with de Aza in CF, you have your lead off hitter to replace Pierre. Then you have room for Viciedo.

For hating to do it, that is a pretty long post.

All they can do is win games. They won against a top pitcher and I read pessimism and negativity. One game does not win a championship, but they won damit. Is that not enough. One win at a time is all they can do.

This.

And please, don't anyone dare post that "de Aza is not an everyday Major League hitter".

I doubt if Ozzie would replace Pierre in the lineup with De Aza unless Kenny forced his hand by getting rid of Pierre as well. Maybe instead of bringing up De Aza they would replace Rios' spot on the roster with Viciedo. Then Lillibridge could play CF with Viciedo DHing against LHP and playing LF against RHP (since Pierre hits LHP better than RHP and Dunn hasn't been hitting LHP). But that's not how Ozzie operates either...

I watched the condensed game this morning. Boy we had a lot of hits dropping for us. That was definitely new and refreshing.

I hope this is part of a new team approach, but it could be just a one game thing where we ran into a lot of good luck.