7-20: Sox (47-50) vs. Royals (39-58); 7:10; CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
overall? come on, you think their pitching is better overall? Their defense? Offensively, hands down they're better. I don't know about the rest. Just look at how pathetic our O is and how we'd be in a battle for last place right now if it weren't for the rest of it.

Think of the shift in the standings if the Tigers went hard after Dunn and we would have signed VMart?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
Think of the shift in the standings if the Tigers went hard after Dunn and we would have signed VMart?

Dunn would have 24 homers and martinez would eithe be hurt or have a 607 ops.

How many ppl here want Dunn to retire? I do, sadly. There have been rumours swirling that if his struggles continue he will walk away from baseball. So that does mean we dont owe him the money on his remaining years of the contract. We can certainly somehow retool the roster with that money, especially 3B or sumthing

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
How many ppl here want Dunn to retire? I do, sadly. There have been rumours swirling that if his struggles continue he will walk away from baseball. So that does mean we dont owe him the money on his remaining years of the contract. We can certainly somehow retool the roster with that money, especially 3B or sumthing

Yeah Dunn is going to walk away from all that money

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)

To retire? NO! But, I do want him to hit the ball out of the park. I too think he should have a minimum of 20 homers and 50 some RBI's right now. Maybe he would be trade bait? Some NL team might want him knowing he hit good in that league. I don't want to give up hope for the guy, but he is almost an automatic out

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
I was going to say that in green. Hope we can see an end to the calls for him being traded. (And that part isn't in green) :headbang :gosox1:

If our pitching gives up 2 runs tonight, that might intensify the calls to trade Carlos.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
To retire? NO! But, I do want him to hit the ball out of the park. I too think he should have a minimum of 20 homers and 50 some RBI's right now. Maybe he would be trade bait? Some NL team might want him knowing he hit good in that league. I don't want to give up hope for the guy, but he is almost an automatic out

If any team would take Dunn right now the sox would obviously let him go for nothing.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)

I haven't seen one rumor to suggest he would walk away from baseball. Guy was too good before this year and has too much pride to walk away with his tail between his legs. Where are you reading these rumors?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I haven't seen one rumor to suggest he would walk away from baseball. Guy was too good before this year and has too much pride to walk away with his tail between his legs. Where are you reading these rumors?

Read the Dunn article thread right now. From boo's mouth.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)

That sounds like frustration more than anything realistic.

“It’s not going to happen. Zero chance. Zero. You can’t get this competition anywhere else, dude. I don’t care where you look. Nowhere else. It’s one-on-one, dude. And you can’t find that anywhere."

Edited by maggsmaggs