7-20: Sox (47-50) vs. Royals (39-58); 7:10; CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - please give the man a rehab stint and let him get it together!

By Doug Padilla

Adam Dunn’s second consecutive night on the bench gave Alexei Ramirez a chance to hit out of the designated hitter spot for the first time this season.

Dunn was not only benched as the Kansas City Royals went with a left-handed starter for the second consecutive night, manager Ozzie Guillen is now saying that Dunn is dealing with a sore knee. Guillen did not know what knee was ailing his struggling slugger.

The news would seem to indicate the White Sox might try to angle for a disabled list stint with Dunn, which could open the door to recall Dayan Viciedo from Triple-A Charlotte. Guillen, though, told reporters in Kansas City on Wednesday that he intends on using Dunn in Friday’s series opener at Cleveland. The club has a day of Thursday.

Dunn has just seven hits in his last 79 at-bats, an .089 batting average over that 22-game stretch with 40 strikeouts. He also has just two hits in 64 at-bats against left-handed pitching, which equates to a .031 batting average in those situations.

The White Sox’s complete lineup Wednesday against Royals lefty Bruce Chen: Juan Pierre LF, Ramirez DH, Paul Konerko 1B, Carlos Quentin RF, A.J. Pierzynski C, Alex Rios CF, Omar Vizquel SS, Gordon Beckham 2B, Brent Morel 3B.

Left-hander John Danks is starting for the White Sox in his first outing since going on the disabled list in late June with a mild right oblique strain.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Omar is really old. This could be dangerous conditions for him.

Yeah but he's probably healthier than half of the guys in the league. I'm a few years older than he and I feel shame.

I dunno if its been talked about here but Dunn has admitted to the notion of quitting baseball. He said if he no longer enjoys playing the game then he will leave, and by the looks of it there certainly is no joy in the type of season he is having. So perhaps he might just retire and rid his contract off our books. Ofcourse we don't know how much sucking will make him come to that decision.

Here is the link

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A...quitting_072011

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
99 degrees in K.C tonight. Temperature on the field will be 178 degrees.

That's just a typical July day in Arizona. You have to wait til about 2 a.m. to get to the 98 part.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 01:38 AM)
Not having Viciedo up this series is just an epic fail by our management. I can't take anymore of morel at the plate

3B could be the achilles heal now. Good fielder in Morel but not much of a bat

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
Not having Viciedo up this series is just an epic fail by our management. I can't take anymore of morel at the plate

Not being able to beat the Royals without Vic is an epic fail.

Edited by kitekrazy