7-20: Sox (47-50) vs. Royals (39-58); 7:10; CSN

TitoMB345

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Per Rotoworld

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the Braves "could be close to making a deal for a right-handed bat."

CQ perhaps?

Said this in MLB thread.

If the Braves are close now, it's not for Quentin. KW won't sell off this soon.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
Said this in MLB thread.

If the Braves are close now, it's not for Quentin. KW won't sell off this soon.

I wouldn't consider swapping Quentin for a major league starter (Beachy) so we can get Viciedo a spot in the lineup a sign of "giving up". I think Viciedo can provide just as much offense as Quentin is right now, and having Beachy can allow Kenny to move a SP for maybe a few good relievers or at least some prospects.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
I wouldn't consider swapping Quentin for a major league starter (Beachy) so we can get Viciedo a spot in the lineup a sign of "giving up". I think Viciedo can provide just as much offense as Quentin is right now, and having Beachy can allow Kenny to move a SP for maybe a few good relievers or at least some prospects.

Yes, I'd call that giving up. Acquiring a 7th starter right now and having to figure out what to do with that? Yeesh.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
99 degrees in K.C tonight. Temperature on the field will be 178 degrees.

Hawk will tell you about a time it was hotter.

Nicely done. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Yes, I'd call that giving up. Acquiring a 7th starter right now and having to figure out what to do with that? Yeesh.

I would call it giving up too and not improving at all. Dayan is not going to produce like Carlos this year.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Dayan is not going to produce like Carlos this year.

2011 Carlos Quentin - .859 OPS

2010 Dayan Viciedo - .840 OPS (104 at bats)

It's not entirely out of the question, especially considering Viciedo was not given consistent at bats when up with the big club last season and seems to have taken another step this season as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
2011 Carlos Quentin - .859 OPS

2010 Dayan Viciedo - .840 OPS (104 at bats)

It's not entirely out of the question, especially considering Viciedo was not given consistent at bats when up with the big club last season and seems to have taken another step this season as well.

that OPS was inflated by a hot last week of the season against AAA pitching. i think prior to that week his average was a lot lower. i agree its not entirely out of the question, i just dont think it will happen. but even if he matched carlos, it doesn't improve the offense. we need both of them in the lineup to improve

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
that OPS was inflated by a hot last week of the season against AAA pitching. i think prior to that week his average was a lot lower. i agree its not entirely out of the question, i just dont think it will happen. but even if he matched carlos, it doesn't improve the offense. we need both of them in the lineup to improve

But if they did get another pitcher, say someone like Beachy back for Carlos, that allows the Sox to trade a starter for another bat.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
But if they did get another pitcher, say someone like Beachy back for Carlos, that allows the Sox to trade a starter for another bat.

Any 3B out there potentially available?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)

it would but i am not a big fan of those conditional deals hoping you will do something else. and i dont know who we can trade to get another bat as good as carlos unless we deal danks

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
lets deal rios to SF for Rowand. Put the band back together.

Rowand's contract ends after 2012, Rios's after 2014. Rios has an extra $25 million on his contract.

That would be a no-brainer for the Sox if the Giants would do it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Rowand's contract ends after 2012, Rios's after 2014. Rios has an extra $25 million on his contract.

That would be a no-brainer for the Sox if the Giants would do it.

Its pretty sad how bad a guy must be if someone hitting .230 with no power, owed a ton of money next year is too much to give up in exchange.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Its pretty sad how bad a guy must be if someone hitting .230 with no power, owed a ton of money next year is too much to give up in exchange.

Indeed.

Although I sincerely believe he'd hit for a bit more power in AL parks like the cell instead of pitcher parks in 3 of 4 NL West parks. Plus, Rowand's just a great f***ing guy and a guy who gets it. Rios is s*** and a waste of time. He was a gamble to begin with and it failed. I'd love to have Rowand back instead of his s***.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Indeed.

Although I sincerely believe he'd hit for a bit more power in AL parks like the cell instead of pitcher parks in 3 of 4 NL West parks. Plus, Rowand's just a great f***ing guy and a guy who gets it. Rios is s*** and a waste of time. He was a gamble to begin with and it failed. I'd love to have Rowand back instead of his s***.

You sure he's a great guy? The time I met him he was a complete D-Bag.