Sox @ Indians 7/22/11 Gamethread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
- Bench Rios, platoon De Aza and Lillbridge

- DL Dunn, call up Viciedo to play DH

- Fire Walker

- Trade Danks

Fire Ozzie

Trade Jackson

Trade Quentin (get something for him now while we can and build for a future)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)

- Fire Walker

- Trade Danks

Trade Quentin, trade Jackson, trade ohman, listen on Konerko, Buehrle, try to gt someone to take on AJs 2012 and the rest of Pierre this year.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Fire Ozzie

Trade Jackson

Trade Quentin (get something for him now while we can and build for a future)

Ozzie won't be fired during year. Keep him until offseason and see if you can get a mediocre prospect from Marlins for him. I'm so against trading Quentin unless you get a big time package for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)

- Fire Walker

- Trade Danks

Trading Danks is basically surrendering. I was saying in the context of still trying to win this division. There's really no simple solution. And I for one am not excited one bit about De Aza. The only reason he's on anyone's radar is because Alex Rios has been one of the top 10 worst players in baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
Trade Quentin, trade Jackson, trade ohman, listen on Konerko, Buehrle, try to gt someone to take on AJs 2012 and the rest of Pierre this year.

I think Pierre could be an easy guy to trade during waiver period. Some team would definitely take a chance on him as a bench player.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
Can't DL Dunn. MLBPA will file a grievance causing the Sox will be fined a bazilionty dollars.

Even with the knee issue he has? Anyways, he's looked good tonight so that's not really an issue. I think there's a much better chance Dunn turns it around than Rios

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
I think Pierre could be an easy guy to trade during waiver period. Some team would definitely take a chance on him as a bench player.

The earlier he's gone the more money we save and the more AB's we can give the tryout guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Why do our hitters look so stunned that they're getting a 2 strike offspeed pitch?

because their approach to hitting is one of the worst in baseball yet we do nothing to the hitting coach because a hitting coach doesnt matter in baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Even with the knee issue he has? Anyways, he's looked good tonight so that's not really an issue. I think there's a much better chance Dunn turns it around than Rios

I don't think the trib would have described dl-ing Dunn for his knee as "suspicious" if that hadn't been considered.