Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
I've been asking this for a long time. And while I'm glad he hit a two run home run, it is bitter sweet because this secures the cleanup spot for him for the next month.

It will be hard to win it without him maybe this intense series will put a little spark in his play and he will come around (praying)

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
It will be hard to win it without him maybe this intense series will put a little spark in his play and he will come around (praying)

And it's gonna be possibly harder to win if he doesn't come around and Konerko continues to get nothing to hit because he is being protected by a guy batting half his weight.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
And it's gonna be possibly harder to win if he doesn't come around and Konerko continues to get nothing to hit because he is being protected by a guy batting half his weight.

Well we won't win it without him hitting the rest of our offense isnt consistent enough to make up for all of the holes we have so you roll the dice and hope he turns the corner especially with his last few at bats he is battling out there you have to give him that

Why I'm not swimming in Bali in hopes that Jake Peavy's throwing 93-94-95 instead of 88-92, I'm not sure.

We've seen too many games start out with a 2 or 3 run lead, with zero added on later while the other team slowly pecked away...especially at Jake in innings 4-6. Crosses fingers.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
How? At this point it's a blessing noone is going to take his contract and it gets him off the field

We owe him $40 million. Rios' talent hasn't gone anywhere, he's just mentally screwed. I'd rather keep him and see if he can eventually turn it around than giving up on him right now.

Because more likely than not, if we release him, some team will pick him back up and I wouldn't bet against him having success elsewhere.