Ludwick to Pittsburgh

flavum

I think the Pirates had one of the best trade deadlines in the league. They added two bats who can be very good hitters for them but have struggled a bit and didn't appear to really give up all that much to acquire them. I really hope either them or the Brewers win that division.

It would be pretty incredible if the Pirates were able to make a deep postseason run.

GO Pirates! Go Indians!

Rooting for both those teams.

Diamondbacks as well. They play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

And I hope the Braves learn that you have to be willing to "think bigger" at the deadline than what they did. They're a mirror image of the Angels in terms of risk-aversion, especially after the TEX deal to the Rangers burned them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
GO Pirates! Go Indians!

And I hope the Braves learn that you have to be willing to "think bigger" at the deadline than what they did. They're a mirror image of the Angels in terms of risk-aversion, especially after the TEX deal to the Rangers burned them.

Why in the blue f*** would you cheer for the goddamn Indians?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
GO Pirates! Go Indians!

The Angels are risk averse? Vernon Wells sez hey.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 06:43 AM)
Not now.

Eventually, if the White Sox are eliminated.

As long as it's not the Twins. Verlander could actually put a scare into the Yankees in a short series.

It would be hard for me to root for any team from the Central, but if there was a team I'd root for over the Red Sox or Yankees it would be the Indians.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
So what do you call hording prospects, but blocking them?

Wierd thing is...they usually don't exactly "Block" the prospects with the big money guys they bring in. Most of the prospects wind up being worked in for 2 or 3 years, with a long time to struggle. Aybar and Kendrick, for example, both had 2-3 years where they were part-time players with guys like Cabrera stuck in as well. Ditto for Morales.

Also, their high priced OF's usually wind up not being good enough that you want to keep playing them for the 2nd half of their deal.