Sox vs. Yanks, 08/03, 7:10 PM, ESPN, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Alexei is another guy I think needs some criticism. He is talented and does make some spectacular plays, but he's also a p**** at times on the field, and makes some boneheaded decisions. If he'd keep his head out of his ass all the time, he could win a GG. He, also seems like the lauderers best friend as he makes a big effort to keep his uniform clean.

Hey he sould have won the gold glove..........

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Perhaps, but he makes too many dumb plays that it cost him one last year. He has no chance this year.

I was being sarcastic, that was I brought up once and was blasted to death here, cause the stats and all that crap. That's my gripe with Lexi, the things that cost games that DON'T come in the stat book

This is absolutely brutal.

I haven't seen something like this since the infamous double shelling the Twins gave us on Friday, July 6 2007. 20-14 and then 12-0 in a doubleheader.

Why do I remember? I was at both games, and have the sports page from the next day framed.

We are done.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
I was being sarcastic, that was I brought up once and was blasted to death here, cause the stats and all that crap. That's my gripe with Lexi, the things that cost games that DON'T come in the stat book

The bottom line is he should win the GG. He has the ability. He just needs to worry about making plays not anything else.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
I gotta ask the obvious hilarious question now, are we worse off than the Flubs now as an organization? That would be really bad.

Yes...worse contracts going forward with less revenue coming in

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
He's all talk. He cares about being fired. If he does get fired, he won't go quietly, and he's very concerned with what others have to say about him.

A guy that defensive and that quick to throw insults at anyone that questions him, obviously cares what people think about him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
The bottom line is he should win the GG. He has the ability. He just needs to worry about making plays not anything else.

Sould is not the word. He does have the ability, but sould is a guarantee, and that he ain't. He needs to the lil things to get better

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
I gotta ask the obvious hilarious question now, are we worse off than the Flubs now as an organization? That would be really bad.

If we don't dump some bad contracts in the offseason, we'll be where they are now in 1-2 years. Cubs should've dumped/rebuilt team in 09 when they struggled but were not horrible. Would've been able to move some contracts and get more for guys who were still good then. They didn't and they've paid for it the last 2 years. Sox got to find a way to make this team better. We have a team that would've been great in 2007, not so much now. Too many declining players (JP, Dunn, AJ, Rios, Peavy). KW has got to find a way to dump these guys.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
This is absolutely brutal.

I haven't seen something like this since the infamous double shelling the Twins gave us on Friday, July 6 2007. 20-14 and then 12-0 in a doubleheader.

Why do I remember? I was at both games, and have the sports page from the next day framed.

We are done.

I remember that first game. That was a makeup from a rainout. The game got rescheduled around 4th of July, my old man and I went, cooked in the outfield, while the Sox made a valiant effort to come back from like a 14-run deficit. That day was fun bad as well.