8/7 Gamethread Sox vs Twins

JoshPR

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Check that, easy inning for Peavy :headbang

Push Peavy as long as he can go, there's nothing wrong with that...you just have to have someone close to ready in the bullpen so that if he gets in trouble, you can pull him before it totally implodes. If he can go 8, great, but don't lose the game trying to make him go 7.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
Push Peavy as long as he can go, there's nothing wrong with that...you just have to have someone close to ready in the bullpen so that if he gets in trouble, you can pull him before it totally implodes. If he can go 8, great, but don't lose the game trying to make him go 7.

I'd give him one more inning, and then let the pen close it out.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
How does a five pitch inning work

I think judging from the past 2 starts, the 75 pitch barrier no longer an issue for Jake, let's see how he fares further in the pitch count. Gameday has Peavy avg 90 mph just once which came in the 2nd inning, other than that he's at 89 the rest of the innings, so doesn't look like he's getting stronger as the game goes on, atleast velocit wise. Seems like he's hitting his spots and keeping the hitters off balance by changing speeds.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
I think judging from the past 2 starts, the 75 pitch barrier no longer an issue for Jake, let's see how he fares further in the pitch count. Gameday has Peavy avg 90 mph just once which came in the 2nd inning, other than that he's at 89 the rest of the innings, so doesn't look like he's getting stronger as the game goes on, atleast velocit wise. Seems like he's hitting his spots and keeping the hitters off balance by changing speeds.

And like someone pointed out earlier, he should be even stronger next year. I expect big things from him.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
The way the Sox are playing now....I can see us in first place by the end of August.

Ok let's not get over our heads here

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
The way the Sox are playing now....I can see us in first place by the end of August.

You a Pulp Fiction fan? What did The Wolf say to Vincent and Jules?...

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
If we don't make it by the end of the month, I think we'll overtake them during the Labor Day weekend series.

Still a long way to go...... This is only one series