8/7 Gamethread Sox vs Twins

JoshPR

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Non-Sox, but anyone think the Reds fire Dusty after this year?

Why would they? I know they're out of the race this year, but that's a big "What have you done for me lately" thing. Is he heavily paid or ending a contract?

It's ridiculous Hawk is basically giving up-to-the-minute updates on the Tigers.

When the Sox get over .500 and within 5 games, maybe then you give more updates. Right now, it's more Hawk stupidity.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
It's ridiculous Hawk is basically giving up-to-the-minute updates on the Tigers.

When the Sox get over .500 and within 5 games, maybe then you give more updates. Right now, it's more Hawk stupidity.

You try to fill a 3 hour broadcast with this team.

I got no problem with scores from other games.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

Was thinking the same thing. We're not even close to .500 yet and have another team ahead of us as well. Just simply ridiculous to worry about anything else but the work on our own plate.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
You try to fill a 3 hour broadcast with this team.

I got no problem with scores from other games.

Yeah but its the way he says it. You know its more than just for informational purposes only, it's because he thinks we're still in the race.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Wow. Rios has changed his hand placement a bit these past couple days and is freaking crushing it. That was hammered. Of course they are all being pulled. Until Rios can show that he's capable of consistently hitting it hard to the opposite field, he's still going to have major problems having any prolonged success.

Looks like he's striding a bit more too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
?

?

?

Most times with a runner on 2nd and no one on out the manager just tells the hitter to get the runner to third. Lillibridge chose to bunt instead of trying to hit the ball to right.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Most times with a runner on 2nd and no one on out the manager just tells the hitter to get the runner to third. Lillibridge chose to bunt instead of trying to hit the ball to right.

I'm sure Lilli wanted to bunt, even though he sucks at it, and Ozzie is the only manager in the world who would ask him to in that situation.

And you know Walker preaches pulling the ball, so he probably wouldn't hit it to right