8/8 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore

JoshPR

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
Wow, yeah, great idea. The guy who has a .945 OPS since returning from injury should "sit his ass on the bench". What an asshole, trying to get to third base (and also being incorrectly called out, I might add)... he should sit because he's such a detriment to the roster.

Jesus Christ, this post of yours. It makes me want to throw my laptop against the wall. It makes me want to find a baby just to punch it.

No, Paul Konerko should not "sit his ass on the bench" because he was thrown out at third. K-thanks.

Right. Except the next hitter singled, and would have driven in 2 instead of 1 had Paulie been able to you know, TAKE TWO BASES ON A BALL TO THE WALL.

and holy small sample size batman with your OPS stat.

Oh and he was out. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Edited by Paint it Black

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
you have a tank in your avatar, so you win. this time.

Mobile Gun System! Not a tank. It's a tank on wheels. It's also my ride.

Also, this team sucks. DAMNIT!

Jason Frasor is a hell of a relief pitcher. Clearly, he's not one of "Ozzie's Guys" yet, so he refuses to pitch him. Crain needs some time off; come on Ozzie, you HAVE to start utilizing Frasor, even if he's had a couple of rough outings.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Right. Except the next hitter singled, and would have driven in 2 instead of 1 had Paulie been able to you know, TAKE TWO BASES ON A BALL TO THE WALL.

This.

+1

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)

Paul Konerko not going from 1st to 3rd is nothing new. He's a f***ing sloth. You want to talk sample size? OK!

Paul Konerko since his return has a .945 OPS.

Paul Konerko in 2011 has a .934 OPS.

Paul Konerko in 2010 had a .977 OPS.

Shall I continue? The guy can swing the bat just fine even if he's injured. He's rightfully DHing, but unless you were satisfied with that 6-game losing streak, perhaps Paul Konerko should f***ing stay in the God damn motherf***ing lineup so this team can score more than 1 run per game?

I can't believe you seriously want to bench Paulie for bad baserunning. Holy God, someone give me a gun so I can blow my brains out like the little dude in my sig.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
- infinity

Benching Paul Konerko for bad baserunning is the most idiotic suggestion ever brought forth in the history of message boards.

pretty much....

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)

That call at third was like calling a pitch 6 inches outside on a 3-0 count a strike...almost automatic. Still think it was a chickens*** call...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
Paul Konerko not going from 1st to 3rd is nothing new. He's a f***ing sloth. You want to talk sample size? OK!

Paul Konerko since his return has a .945 OPS.

Paul Konerko in 2011 has a .934 OPS.

Paul Konerko in 2010 had a .977 OPS.

Shall I continue? The guy can swing the bat just fine even if he's injured. He's rightfully DHing, but unless you were satisfied with that 6-game losing streak, perhaps Paul Konerko should f***ing stay in the God damn motherf***ing lineup so this team can score more than 1 run per game?

I can't believe you seriously want to bench Paulie for bad baserunning. Holy God, someone give me a gun so I can blow my brains out like the little dude in my sig.

It's not that I think he wasn't hustling. It's the fact that he's obvious not healthy. I mean did you watch the replay? The look on his face was something to the effect of "oh s*** this hurts and I'm going to be out by a mile" as he was halfway between second and third.

I understand the offense sucks but it's Baltimore. It's Jeremy Guthrie. And I thought the season was over, according to soxtalk. If this is true, why play Konerko? You're not in anything. It's early August. The reverse of that is, even IF you think you're in it still, why risk further injury?